Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed out my stock rotors and pads a few months back for Rotora rotors and N-Brake performance pads. The plan was to increase braking performance (I corner rather hard!), and cut down on brake dust (It's murder on a white box! :mad:) So far so good, but always looking for something better, what are you running? (other than stock)
 

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
I changed out my stock rotors and pads a few months back for Rotora rotors and N-Brake performance pads. The plan was to increase braking performance (I corner rather hard!), and cut down on brake dust (It's murder on a white box! :mad:) So far so good, but always looking for something better, what are you running? (other than stock)
:eek: Stock.:eek: :eek:

Yeah, yeah, I know, but stock is good for me right now. I had some drilled and slotted rotors, but they went on another xB.
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
cool, I had drilled and slotted ones on my mazda. They seemed to double the brake dust, maybe slotted only does the opposite. They did help the braking by atleast 35%.

Do you happen to have a pic?

Here is a pic of the ones on the mazda, notice the Tokico Struts and Racing Beat sway bar. Racing Sparco NT-R. I miss the handling.
 

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I've noticed thus far:

1. Braking is much improved.
2. Brake dust is no better or worse than stock set-up.
3. Slight squeal when rotors are cold, but braking is not reduced!
 

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
What I've noticed thus far:

1. Braking is much improved.
2. Brake dust is no better or worse than stock set-up.
3. Slight squeal when rotors are cold, but braking is not reduced!
Dion,

The squeek is normal for "performance" type pads as they need to be up to their operating temp to work at their optimum. *****
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stylis said:
I have some cross drilled/ slotted rotors on my box as well, with some ceramic brake pads. They work great, I'm happy with them
Gabe, how's the dust with the ceramics? What brand of rotors and pads? I know you had told me before to get cross drilled/slotted rotors, any drawbacks for people how drive like me? :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Gabe, how's the dust with the ceramics? What brand of rotors and pads? I know you had told me before to get cross drilled/slotted rotors, any drawbacks for people how drive like me? :eek:

The dust is not so bad, I have to keep on that too. Brake dust is murder on my chromes. :D Shoot me and my buddy Tim got our rotors from Ebay for $95 bucks and it came with the ceramic pads. No real draw backs to having cross drilled / slotted rotors, unless you are known for going through pads yearly. Than you will have to change your rotors more often, and that can get costly. Cross drilled/ slotted rotors can be resurfaced, but only to a minimum and than you have to replace them.
 

·
mertechperformance
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
I just bought some slotted only rotors. look good. gotta find time and a dry day to install em now.
 

·
mertechperformance
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
ah yes and where have you guys found steel lines? i found and bought the stainless steel clutch line but cannot ind brake lines. argh.
 

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
Yeah, I want to get slotted only also, braided lines and run synthetic brake fluid again also. Gotta wait til the hand is better first so I can flush the lines.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top