Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen RAILS for a roof rack. i saw an Xb on the freeway this Am - he had THULE racks but I noticed that they were not jammed in the door frame - He had RAILS on the roof. looked lots cleaner - and the racks could slide towards the front or back.
Or are theyre any other Rails that can be put on - my concern is that they mess up the interior - dont they ? if you bolt rails onto the roof aftermarket.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
You can get the mounting rails from Yakima. They actually screw into your roof, which is why most of us are not using them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah, I just got my whole "permanent mount" Yakima done at racknroad. It's rails are drilled into the roof. I purposely wanted this setup. I love this car and plan on keeping it as long as possible and a permanent roof rack is a much sturdier setup. Ended up costing me $1000 but i got the top of the line stuff including the new "sprocket rocket" rails which are expensive but are the best rails on the market by far. My bikes are worth $3000 and $4000 respectively so i didn't want to take any shortcuts. Besides, if something does happen where i'm not keeping the car, I can easily remove everything but the roof rails. Me likey.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
cool how about some pics of the racks and mounting hardware if you please. :) :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'll try to do that but it might be a week or so. My car is at one shop putting cruise control and jdm fog lights and then as soon as i get it back, into another shop to install all da sterio equip. Then I'll be set for the summer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just put some pics up of everything- I want to see the Fog lights and the roof racks for sure.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Woe - those are nice - almost Euro Kinda - and it cost a G to get it all installed. ??

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Try to PM MINIBANGBUS for info on those rails. He did it himself and they look great! I think its a universal rack with a nice xB fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.