Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am not going to haul anything on the roof, but do like the look of the Roof Rack. I want a non-permenant roof rack and looking to get some info on where to get one at a good price?

Thanks,
Laz

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
yep, I am a Yakima dealer, you tell me what you want and we go from there. See pics below. First one is this morning with the new bike mounts and snowboard rack. the second one is last year.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
There you go! The Yakima rack is the same one sold by all Scion dealers. It fits well and works really well. I've sold several to all the snowboarders and even one couple who wanted to put this big tricycle thing up there.

It's a great system because the towers are designed just for this car and then everything else is universal and that REALLY cuts down on costs. Also, they are removable without damage to the car (if installed properly, of course).

Hit up old Tim there and git ya some!

-Alex

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
I believe a little under $400 with those mounts (vipers) but that can come down with the use of a dirrerent mounts. Check outwww.yakima.com and use the rack configuration system top build it.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
:) Hey tim is there anyway u can take a close up pic of how the rack mounts on the side with the door open im thinkin of gettin one but want to see how it mounts to the sides thanks :)

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
What will it cost for just the rails and the front wind deflector?

Laz
You will need Q-towers=$100, Q-Clips=$50 for the set, crossbars=$50, and the fairing=$55. All fo which I have in stock, or can get really fast.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
:) Hey tim is there anyway u can take a close up pic of how the rack mounts on the side with the door open im thinkin of gettin one but want to see how it mounts to the sides thanks :)
I will snap a few pics later today for you when it is not 11 degrees outside.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
Here you go:

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
yep i worked at a bike shop for 3 and a half years and we sold yakima. i wouldn't use anything else for a roof rack. although some bikes aren't compatable with some of the racks they have. i.e. downhill bike with fat tires and some bmx bikes with oversized crank arms. i had this problem with my gt overdrive cranks. spend 400 on cranks to realize it wouldn't fit in the roof rack! lol

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
The mounts of the rack now are the new Sproket Rockets, they are compatible with almost everything. I have 3 inch tires on one of my bikes, and these work awsome.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, frankly i know lotsa people are all big on yakima. I've always liked Thule WAY more. It's more aerodymanic & amazingly rugged. I do like the new Yakima sprocket rocket rails though. So, My tax returns will be partially spent on...Thule permanent (yes I'm planning on keeping this car so I'm drilling and permanently mounting) roof rack, with Yakima Sprocket Rocket rails.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.