Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one of these fly off the roof of my 2008 on the highway yesterday. I looked up the cost of replacement and it's $70+. Is there any cheaper aftermarket part for these? I hate to get one as salvage because it would probably fail quickly. Anyone replace these with generic weather strip of some type? Should I just live with it? Thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had one of these fly off the roof of my 2008 on the highway yesterday. I looked up the cost of replacement and it's $70+. Is there any cheaper aftermarket part for these? I hate to get one as salvage because it would probably fail quickly. Anyone replace these with generic weather strip of some type? Should I just live with it? Thanks.
I'm sure there are a few types of adhesives and cheap but good 3M moldings you can use. I'd say aftermarket is the way to go. My 02 cents. Others should chime in.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I had the front retaining clip come loose on my RS7. Used Gorilla Glue to reattach it. Has been holding good ever since.

·
Registered
2010 Scion xB manual BSP
2 Posts
It's a common issue. After my second one came off in the car wash (lost first on highway) i just left it off. Been rocking one on the passenger side only for like 6 years now. ;)

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
142 Posts
FWIW, I haven't noticed any impact from not having it there. Outside of the appearance which no one but me has ever noticed.
Same. It appears to be only aesthetic in nature.

When I replaced the missing one for 06 xB #3, I just grabbed one at a junkyard and put some super glue under it, and it stayed put until the fuel pump died.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts