Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I'm not sure about the 2 inch lip, but there are some who run wheels w/ low offsets to fill the wheel well, and have a mild stretch on the tires.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
squirrel said:
I'm not sure about the 2 inch lip, but there are some who run wheels w/ low offsets to fill the wheel well, and have a mild stretch on the tires.
thanks squirrel, btw is da "werks" site still unda konstruxion? can't wait to see all da good stuff on it brah =)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yeah, once I'm healed up, the site will be my prioirity.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The R-1's are cool. ultralightweight...you'll actually have better mpg with those! I think they come in 15x7,,, 15x8 wouldbe cool.

THe buddy club p-1's are a similar design , light weight..cool.

My favorite of that style is the 5zigen pro-racer in matte black or gunmetal.

Just keep in mind that with the low offests, and having the rear lip flush or sticking out, will probably require rolling or trimming of the fender lip. Especially if you have a drop.

Also...at least for me, the wider rim/stretched tire combo...you really feel the bumps on the road......the ride suffers man!

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
youthinasia said:
Just keep in mind that with the low offests, and having the rear lip flush or sticking out, will probably require rolling or trimming of the fender lip. Especially if you have a drop.
Q: w/ da lo profile tires w/ 15's w/ 2in. drop, will i still run into issues w/ da fenda?

thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Here's my experience. Rear offsets, + 10 to +15 with 195/50 or 205/50, will rub with an S-tech drop (1.5-20"), requiring rolling or trimming of fenders. With the +10 offset, the lip of the rim is sitting about 1 cm beyond the extreme edge of the fender at it's widest point. It looks good with a stretchedtire, but the inside fender lip will rub over bumps.

No trouble with rubbing in the front with a 25 offset, which brings the lip flush with the fender.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO be safe, with no rubbing, go with 25 offset all around. You won't have the extreme wide rear lip, but you wont have to modify the fender.

That being said, modifying the fender really isn't a big deal if done right.

I tried to roll them byself witht he baseball bat method, but it is kind of dificult because the rear fender is double-layered with some rubber material sandwiched in there and is thick.

I had them cut and it is fine now...no rubbing, took about half an hour. It's clean, and you can't even tell they were modified at all.

If you are in socal, and want them cut, pm me and I'll recomment the place to you..........they're pretty awesome. Just remember to paint the exposed metal after they are cut to prevent rust.

BTW, +10 on the rear, for the works will get you the maximum wheel lip, which is about 3.5 inches.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
youthinasia said:
Here's my experience. Rear offsets, + 10 to +15 with 195/50 or 205/50, will rub with an S-tech drop (1.5-20"), requiring rolling or trimming of fenders. With the +10 offset, the lip of the rim is sitting about 1 cm beyond the extreme edge of the fender at it's widest point. It looks good with a stretchedtire, but the inside fender lip will rub over bumps.

No trouble with rubbing in the front with a 25 offset, which brings the lip flush with the fender.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO be safe, with no rubbing, go with 25 offset all around. You won't have the extreme wide rear lip, but you wont have to modify the fender.

That being said, modifying the fender really isn't a big deal if done right.

I tried to roll them byself witht he baseball bat method, but it is kind of dificult because the rear fender is double-layered with some rubber material sandwiched in there and is thick.

I had them cut and it is fine now...no rubbing, took about half an hour. It's clean, and you can't even tell they were modified at all.

If you are in socal, and want them cut, pm me and I'll recomment the place to you..........they're pretty awesome. Just remember to paint the exposed metal after they are cut to prevent rust.

BTW, +10 on the rear, for the works will get you the maximum wheel lip, which is about 3.5 inches.
And when you attempt to roll the rear fenders, do it when its warm or het the paint slightly so it doesn't crack.

I used the baseball bat method also.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
WELCOME Cassidy!

Another awesome xB that I have always envied!.

·
Registered
144 Posts
squirrel said:
And when you attempt to roll the rear fenders, do it when its warm or het the paint slightly so it doesn't crack.

I used the baseball bat method also.
I used the Baseball Bat method in my Civic hatchback but noone told me about the Heat issue (and I live in Seattle where it's COOOOOLD) so my paint cracked pretty bad around the lip. I'm not gonna lower my XB.....well at least not for a little while, I have too many other projects to do to it first.

·
Registered
916 Posts
ThunderGod said:
Ok Cassidy, what kind of wheels do you have on now. I likey =)
Yup they are the new sportmax's for teh AE86. They come in Red, silver, black and gunmetal and only come in 15 x 8 with a 0 offset. That means 3 inch lip all the way around! If you want them, bBist is having a sponsored sale on Scion Life. ONly $100 per wheel which is really cheap!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts