Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as you may have guessed. now that the yellow xB is gone, it is time to do another project.

I have a set of 20 inch wheels to put on it. any thoughts on we should do to make them fit? has anybody tried this? any advise for us?

i'll post a picture of the wheels we have when i get to the camera.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Well, with no drop, 20s work fine without modification actually. Well, 20X7.5" do anyway. I'm guessing yours are 20X8 or 8.5" though.

In that case, space and roll man. Gotta kick those wheels out a bit with OTG spacers, roll the fender lips so that they and the tires aren't at war constantly and then you can consider adding camber. Not really my thing, camber, but lots of people seem to like it.

Here's an xB on 20s that I caught at the USACi/IASCA Unified World Finals in KC. Didn't get to meet the owner though.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
20s will fit, but when Chris first fit his FOOSE Stars on a lowered, w/ cut Eibach springs, BSP xB, we had to remove the front fender liners, air hammer parts of the firewall, and roll the rear fenders.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Nice rim choice, Hope it will fit.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
moriarty said:
me too.

but, it always fits.
Oh yeah, anything will fit. :D

Nice wheel BTW.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
squirrel said:
20s will fit, but when Chris first fit his FOOSE Stars on a lowered, w/ cut Eibach springs, BSP xB, we had to remove the front fender liners, air hammer parts of the firewall, and roll the rear fenders.
:eek: :eek: :eek: It shakes me up everytime you mention the air hammer! That's "Payin' the cost to be the Boss" for sure.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
We have 20's on our yellow box....

axis seriously only removed a pencil width size of plastic on each front and hammerd MAYBE three hits to the fire wall....only sounds weird at full lock U turn .....rides like sh!t!! IMO! He has Goldline springs but the ride is back to being as stiff if not more than stock feel IMO.

BUT heads freakin turn like crazy and ppl point and stare and ask a million questions and swear you "cant put 20's on an xB!!!" :eek: REALLY??? Do you think you're dreaming then?????

·
Registered
198 Posts
Heres mine dropped two and a quarter with tanabe df's rear mud flap thing removed, front plastic towards the door trimmed and then firewall beat in with a sledge:eek: and front plastic trimmed up a little, once you get them on and drive around youll realize what minor things need to be trimmed

by the time i get my system back in the rear fender should **** right inline with the tires if not tucking them:)

·
Registered
198 Posts
ill have to measure tommorow but im still pretty low with the tanabe df's still its not as low with 18 or coilovers but low for 20 without bags

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
My husband has Goldlines on too btw. :D

1/4th of an inch of the plastic liner removed and three hits with a sledge hammer to the inner wall.

·
Registered
659 Posts
you guys are killing me you know what they say about peeps thats drive big trucks the truck is a sub for their man hood Big trucks,Big wheels, little ===='s just funning guys 20's look great on boxes but they got to be Karome!!!!!:D :D :D :D btw 205 /55 /15" Falkin on works 02's ThunderGod see what i mean your hood on my ride ? soooooo tight

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.