Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just took a good majority of my roll call and theres a shadown behind the decals. I tried WD40, soap water scrub and alot of other **** and its still there...has it just faded into the paint or is there something ic an do ?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I would say that, yes, paint fades over time, especially with exposure to sun. If the stickiness is all off, I would just leave the shadows alone for awhile because you might do more damage instead. Give it some time and the sun may end up taking care of the problem. That's my .02

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
The paint has faded. That being the reason my big Scion Logo only lasted me a month. I didn't want it to leave the impression on the paint or faded area. It isn't unheard of that people switch graphics around after a month or two for that reason.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so if the paints faded adn all of that im pretty much screwed huh ? Am i just gona have to repaint the car ?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
short bus said:
repaint the box
I wanted to paint the box but theres so much stuff Im tryin to do before that. Like im getting the new rims and tires, Perrin crank pulley, SRI, Fuel rail and Radiator hose kit, then I wnated to get some CF stuff for it, like a new hood, hatch, lip and spoiler so im kinda short on cash...anyone ever been to MAACO?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Misterflipper said:
I wanted to paint the box but theres so much stuff Im tryin to do before that. Like im getting the new rims and tires, Perrin crank pulley, SRI, Fuel rail and Radiator hose kit, then I wnated to get some CF stuff for it, like a new hood, hatch, lip and spoiler so im kinda short on cash...anyone ever been to MAACO?

Ah Oh better say no to Maaco. Unless you want to shed all your paint in about a year.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Maaco, no way have seen many many cars with paint that just washed off within a couple months.

You could always try just a real good detail, wash,clay,maybe a light rubbing compound,just to get it blended a little till you paint.

( or replace the roll call hehe)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MY dads a freakin genius i swear..we were hooking up the Stock intake and making everything stock again except the suspension and he busts out the freakin brake cleaner on my decals...those damn shadows are gone...good as new .... woo wooo

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Misterflipper said:
MY dads a freakin genius i swear..we were hooking up the Stock intake and making everything stock again except the suspension and he busts out the freakin brake cleaner on my decals...those damn shadows are gone...good as new .... woo wooo
Wow, the last time I got brake cleaner on my first car. I had black paint running down the tail lights. It turned the black stripes on the chrome bezels chrome. Removed the paint in seconds.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Misterflipper said:
Well so far it looks good...if it removes paint im teling dad to get my car a paint job
I had a 78' Buick LeSabre. You know how older cars had the flat black paint on and around some of the chrome, that is the paint it removed. It was old paint so you should be OK.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.