Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a manual xB. I've had a number of manual tranny cars over the years. I never had a problem with parking them on a slight incline (live in South Jersey where driveways are our only "hills") and rolling back when left in 1st. Parked the xB today on a driveway and it would roll back about 6 inches, stop, roll back another 6 inches, stop, and so on. I relaize that I should prbably use the emergency brake but is this normal?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have a manual xB. I've had a number of manual tranny cars over the years. I never had a problem with parking them on a slight incline (live in South Jersey where driveways are our only "hills") and rolling back when left in 1st. Parked the xB today on a driveway and it would roll back about 6 inches, stop, roll back another 6 inches, stop, and so on. I relaize that I should prbably use the emergency brake but is this normal?
First off, you should always set the parking brake when you exit the vehicle no matter what! Second, if you are chunking back in 1st gear you want to make sure you are all the way in gear. It shouldn't move more than just an inch or so and then not at all once it's settled.

Seriously though, always set that parking brake.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Seems that this "roll-back" is common. mines done it a couple times as I jumped out in my old drive way, it had an incline.

Learned at an early age, Always Set The PARKING BRAKE !

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Use the freakin' parking brake, eh!!! lol, seriously....NEVER, EVER, with ANY car leave it on an incline without a parking brake....that's just plain retarded.

·
Registered
611 Posts
yeah defintely use the parking brake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.