Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drivin down the road today dang rock hit my windshield cracked it :( oh well knew it was gonna happen sooner or later least it no real big . Checked with the glass shop new windshield is $280.00

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) ok might take u up on that offer/ not in a big hurry tho with Cristmas on the way lol

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
ouch! sorry to hear about that. i have a crack in my windshield that ive never changed. its a little ding actually. almost everyone i know has changed their windshield and got it repaired. my ding is now protected by a sticker =) hehe

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yeah, I've got a nice crack on the upper passenger's side. I got it last August and it hasn't grown at all, so I'm going to have a vinyl visor put over it....

I wonder if we can get someone to fab up a rock blocker for our windshields and get a group buy on them?????

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
SAME OOO SAME OOO ON THE WAY BACK FROM CANADA OUT OF OUTER SPACE
THIS ROCK AND SNAP CRACKLE POP NICE LITTLE BB CHIP BUT OOO IT COULD BE
WORSE LIKE A BIG STEEL I BEAM OR A JACKALOPE FROM THE HILLS OFF THE I. 5 INTERSTATE MAN THAT WAS CLOSE

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
short bus said:
SAME OOO SAME OOO ON THE WAY BACK FROM CANADA OUT OF OUTER SPACE
THIS ROCK AND SNAP CRACKLE POP NICE LITTLE BB CHIP BUT OOO IT COULD BE
WORSE LIKE A BIG STEEL I BEAM OR A JACKALOPE FROM THE HILLS OFF THE I. 5 INTERSTATE MAN THAT WAS CLOSE
LOL What are you talking about???

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
caden_stargate said:
LOL What are you talking about???
ROCK CHIP IN MY WINDOW

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
just thought i would chime in,

my windsheild got cracked by a rock. I had to pay a $250 deductable to get it fixed. Glass shop told me that the glass is expensive (more than the deductable). anyway long story short. i changed my comprehensive coverage to zero deductable, but pay $2 more per month ($24 bucks a year more). so if my glass cracks again, i pay nothing out of pocket. just a thought. because I noticed a lot of cracked glass on xB's

·
OG Member
1,635 Posts
I need to look into that. I have a crack on my windshield and it chiped some of the paint andput a dent in my hood. I found a place in Socal that would change it out of cheap. I just need to do it now.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
So how come the windows for the box are so much more that others. I drive a 94 olds acheiva (because the box is "my wifes") and had to finally get a window the other day first ever in that car and it was only $180 out the door with name brand PPG glass. Just kinda bothers me with the $100 difference.

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
So how come the windows for the box are so much more that others. I drive a 94 olds acheiva (because the box is "my wifes") and had to finally get a window the other day first ever in that car and it was only $180 out the door with name brand PPG glass. Just kinda bothers me with the $100 difference.
i dont know, the glass shop put on a PPG glass for me. I think for us here in Hawaii, we got to deal with the freight charges too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Both windshields I've had to have replaced in my life were covered by my insurance. Both times a servicem man did the replacement right in my driveway.
edit:
Both times I got hit with a rock.

·
Registered
352 Posts
the only thing I like about MA Insurance is that they must cover and replace all glass in your car, by law.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I had one installed last week, $320 but I didnt pay, Oshan foundation, they dropped some rocks, and I called immediately, gave them the location and truck number.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:D humm thats not a bad idea :p dump trucks always drop rocks just get a truck number call them complain :p

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.