Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a couple rocker switches today at lowe's and my other toggle switch im gonna be replacing them with has a ground, battery and the actual thing your using it for onthe back and this rocker switch only has 2 prongs on the back so how am i gonna wire everything to it? and i dont think you can put the ground and the bat on the same prong can ya, its gonna create a spark and nobody needs a spark lol. but so can somebody help me here thanks, The reason im replaceing them is cause these switches fit real snug in the holes and my other ones i had to drill a hole into and put the toggle switch through and everytime i wanna get into my dash compartment it doesnt pull down all the way cause the switch sticks out far and its pissing me off lol:mad: but yeah so please somebody help me!!! thanks:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have the same switches, you only need the positive from the power source on one side and the positive of the item your trying to power on the other. If your replacing a lighted switch the negative was only there to ground the bulb in the switch itself. Here's a pic of my setup on and off for my fog lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Hey thank you that actually helps alot and are really nice switches, i got 3 of them one to use as my foglights when i get them and the one im replacing is for the underglow under my dash and the 3rd one will probably be for some cold cathodes im gonna put under my car sometime but yeah thanks man

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
WVxB that’s a great setup with the lights in the next hole to let you know on & off! :D

Has anyone here been able to figure out a way to add the words “ON’ and “OFF” to the switches themselves? For the price difference I’ll deal w/o the labels, but it would be nice.

I had the fogs dealer installed with their labeled switch in the far left slot. I have Lowe’s switches in the other two ports. All my upper interior LEDs are wired to the middle slot, and all exterior lights on the far right. All 3 turn on & off in the same direction to help prevent leaving the unlabeled switches on by mistake.

Still, labels would be nice.

BTW anyone looking for those switches they’re made by Gardner Bender model GSW-45, in a bright red package at Lowe’s Home Improvement.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The way I remember is "Right on" left off.
It just makes it easy but it does tell ya I'm getting old:)

"RIGHT ON",Scott

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Liesjemt, the Red one's for my cathodes to make sure they're turned off so I don't get pulled over by the black and white's
You to huh?

I caught myself running with my underglow on by mistake a few times (luckily never by a cop). I ended up wiring my new LED door locks from ScionPro in the same circuit. They’re so bright -- it’s never happened by mistake since! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.