Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
So far, so good. But I guess it must happen pretty often, seems alot of peeps are looking for that piece.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
They are designed to be removable. That's where you attach the tow hook rod. Unfortunately, the right hand one is not teathered like the left hand one and it tends to disappear sometimes.

Don't know why they didn't teather it, but that seems to be the case.

Sorry I don't have better news.

-Alex

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grizzly_choppers said:
They are designed to be removable. That's where you attach the tow hook rod. Unfortunately, the right hand one is not teathered like the left hand one and it tends to disappear sometimes.

-Alex
so ah....since you now have a billet grill do you have that part just sitting around:D

• Is it safe to presume that the tow bar is for shipping the cars and not for normal towing?
  • are all the billet grills one piece?
my options seem to be"
  1. Do nothing [always an option;) ]
  2. replace with the expectation of losing it again [unless I tie it down]
  3. replace with a billet
  4. replace both sides with driving lights [can this area be closed off without problems?]

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
i have the same problem right now and am also looking for a replacement. But it looks like I'm going to have to go with a billet grill instead so I don't run into the same issue down the line.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've replaced mine twice now, I've had the car two winters now and lost one both times to a snowbank...fortunatly that was the worse damage... I think they are like $25 to replace if I remember correctly, Alex could give you an exact amount....

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:

-Alex
Maybe the different years are different. My passenger side is tethered by a plastic strip, kinda like a zip tie, well more like what comes on the tags of clothes. And the driverside is bolted...

I'm gonna get some foglights to put there.

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
Maybe the different years are different. My passenger side is tethered by a plastic strip, kinda like a zip tie, well more like what comes on the tags of clothes. And the driverside is bolted...

I'm gonna get some foglights to put there.
That sucks! Cuz I have an 06.....I can't believe that Toyota would go the cheap route that they went with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced mine - only to have it disappear again. Tape that thing down! When I went back - they told me it was covered under warranty - they're used to them being replaced. So check with your dealer.

I decided to get a different grill anyway....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.