Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...somebody tried to steal the front bumper of my xB...grill included...when they couldn't do it they took something and damaged the whole front of my car...insurance should cover it...but offhand does anyone have a general estimate of how much it would cost to replace that front bumper...:confused:

·
Registered
165 Posts
OMG what the hell if up with that!?!?

That is messed up, they probably didn't even want it. Freakin' box haters out there! I can't stand vandals.

Sorry for your loss dude.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sorry to hear your box was being used for spare parts.People that have been accidents wrecking the front bumper can expect to pay $1500 to $2000 total for new bumper,various parts and paint. That's why someone wanted yours probably. I just hope you don't need to pay out of pocket, some insurance doesn't cover this type of repair ( vandalisim).

·
Registered
325 Posts
To replace the main bumper cover with a new part, painted and installed is $527.94 in my shop. New main bumper and lower lip and the price goes to $863.10 (lip comes precolored and is $313 list).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...yeah it sucks...I had the car for a year (2005 model bought at the end of 2004) went to New York and in less than a week the $#!t happened...I truly believe someone was trying to steal it and get money for it...very common thing up there...somebody stole the grill off my pop's car during a 5 minute period once...:eek: ...guess the first thing to do is check to see if my insurance (Geico) covers vandalism...then get some estimates...

·
Registered
325 Posts
For gods sake if your in NYC don't leave your car on the side of a beltway. LOL we drove by a Lexus on a beltway no one around it apparantly broken down (flashers were on so it hadn't been there a long time). 1.5 hour later we drove back by it and all that was left was a shell, no doors, fenders, hood, engine, wheels, tires etc etc were gone already!

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
hey matchbox, not sure of yur location but, PM shabba here on clubxb. he owns a OEM bumper part shop here in So.Cali. Commerce to be exact. he's a nice guy, i bought some shims from him before.

if not, check other forums (i forgot that there's another forum???), sometimes they have the "whole" bumper up for sale.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For gods sake if your in NYC don't leave your car on the side of a beltway. LOL we drove by a Lexus on a beltway no one around it apparantly broken down (flashers were on so it hadn't been there a long time). 1.5 hour later we drove back by it and all that was left was a shell, no doors, fenders, hood, engine, wheels, tires etc etc were gone already!

What's sad is it wasn't left on a beltway...it was parked in the neighborhood I had lived in for 25 years prior to moving out of NY...to make matters worse it happened in the daytime...and yes Short_Bus_8 that was definitely on my mind...:mad: ...but thanks for all the info folks...:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.