Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 xBs and counting...
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new (to me) 2005 xB had a cracked marker lamp that still worked, but half the red plastic was gone. I ordered a new lamp and set about replacing it.

First off, removing one of these marker lamps is not as easy as I thought it would be. Checking out YouTube videos, a lot of marker lamps can just be popped out. I had to undo a bolt in the wheel well to peel back the bumper and get in there. Once I got a bolt off of the inside of the lamp, I was able to remove it.

Now here's the 'but'. But once I got the lamp out, I couldn't disconnect the connector thingie that snaps onto the lamp. It was corroded and gross. I broke apart the old lamp just trying to free it. By the time that was done, one of the wires was dangling from the connector, and one of the old prongs from the lamp was lodged in the connector.

So, I went online to find a new connector, and discovered this:

TOYOTA SCION XB [NCP31L-DHPNKA] (USA) 04.2003-12.2006: ELECTRICAL GROUP: WIRING & CLAMP (5)

That long wire that runs along the bottom of the back of the car... that is this wire, yes? I looked up the part number, 82214, in Google and this photo came up:
https://www.tlsautorecycling.com/search/2006/scion/xb-scion/149697.html
And those ends look just like what I need.

To those who have replaced marker lamps before and know what these look like... is this the right part number for me to order? And do you think I could just cut the connector off of this new wire and connect the wires from mine to it? Or do I need to replace this wire entirely? Thank you! :D

Much appreciated!

·
Government Approved
363 Posts
You'll want to find a replacement lamp from a parts car and see if you can get the "pig tail" from it; the socket and 6" of the wire behind it. You'll have to replace the connector.

Car-Part.com has a list of junk yards with parts, or check ebay and ask teh seller if they still have the vehicle they can get the pig tail from.

removing the rear bumper is the easiest way to get to the rear marker lamps. 82214 is the correct number, but there will be a "82214-XXXXX" that's specific to the xB (I'm not sure what it is), otherwise that's a generic number for a rear marker lamp for all Toyota vehicles. The dealer will know.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
That is the correct part # and it would be better to go ahead and replace the harness with the connectors on it rather than cut and splice its very easy if you remove the rear bumper cover. FYI the rear corner markers are LEDS and don't have replaceable bulbs/sockets you get the whole lens assembly

---------- Post added 02-26-2016 at 06:14 PM ----------

Part # 82214-52050 for the sub harness

---------- Post added 02-26-2016 at 06:18 PM ----------

Its the sub harness in the pic, dark black with three connectors.

·
Registered
411 Posts
One of my rear marker lights melted, I picked up a used wiring harness at the local salvage yard. Can't remember the price but I think it was around $20. I purchased two brand new rear marker lights to make sure they matched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts