Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,553 Posts
Anime Gee said:
Plexiglass scratches a lot easier as well. Like when you buy a plexiglass aquarium. They scratch too easily compared to the glass aquariums.
thats a small problem that can be dealt with. My big concern is, what if plexy breaks on accidents. Unless the plexy is different from those i've been played with, which breaks into knife sharp pieces.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
I don't think plexi is a good idea for a daily driver. In an accident you could easily get stabbed with a jagged piece.

See if you can drop a line to Baine on here. Geoffrey works with the stuff for a living and should be able to give you some insight about it.

-Alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
grizzly_choppers said:
I don't think plexi is a good idea for a daily driver. In an accident you could easily get stabbed with a jagged piece.

See if you can drop a line to Baine on here. Geoffrey works with the stuff for a living and should be able to give you some insight about it.

-Alex
The Plexi Glass will be replacing the Hatch Window Glass....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,553 Posts
Misterflipper said:
The Plexi Glass will be replacing the Hatch Window Glass....
I think 1 guy at SL already did that, but bolted it all around. Probably that would work, but to be safe, stick the thickest tint and/or clear vinyl to hold the plexy together in case of cracking accident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Misterflipper said:
The Plexi Glass will be replacing the Hatch Window Glass....
AHA!!! I'm an idiot. Yeah, if you could do it clean, plexi on the rear would work.

Would never be a go out here in Iowa though, gotta scrape 'em in the winter you know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
grizzly_choppers said:
AHA!!! I'm an idiot. Yeah, if you could do it clean, plexi on the rear would work.

Would never be a go out here in Iowa though, gotta scrape 'em in the winter you know?
Anybody know any places where I could get any plexi glass installed in So Cal ?
Or even stronger glass if they make it ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
how hard do you expect to be hitting with this new system? it would take a number over 155/160 dBs i think to be able to actually break the scion glass. unless you got some UNFATHOMABLE system, i dont think theres a chance you can do it honestly. how many batteries and alternators will you be doing in it? i saw your system with your 2 3000 amps and 4 15s, and whatever components, but i dont think youll do it. no offense. i would try it out and see if itll break it, but i dont think youll need plexi honestly. just my noob .02

scotty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ScionScotty said:
how hard do you expect to be hitting with this new system? it would take a number over 155/160 dBs i think to be able to actually break the scion glass. unless you got some UNFATHOMABLE system, i dont think theres a chance you can do it honestly. how many batteries and alternators will you be doing in it? i saw your system with your 2 3000 amps and 4 15s, and whatever components, but i dont think youll do it. no offense. i would try it out and see if itll break it, but i dont think youll need plexi honestly. just my noob .02

scotty
Im expecting number around 160+ dbs. I just want to know when or if I even break the glass on the xb that I can get plexi glass and if its going to be a pain in the ass or not to fix. Just getting ahead of the situation if it does happen. Im hoping it doesnt at least until i have some numbers on pricing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
Are you talkin about like an outlaw class or something? I honestly never think 160 dBs will be possible without damn near cementing the doors, a couple batteries, a couple alternators, with a meter on the dash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
Just so you know, the world record for Street Max 3-4 woofer right now is 162.4, followed by 161.3, by 159.7 db. So only two people in the world right now are hitting 160 or over with 3-4 subwoofers in dB drag. Not to kill your hopes, but this is all they do, and theyre running stronger amps and a much better charging/electrical system. Best of luck to you, but I would hope for 155 at most. Also, if you really want to do competitions, make SURE you follow the rules as provided by dBDRA. They follow that stuff strictly for doing real dB drag competitions.

Scotty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Plexi

WELL HAY YALL!BEFORE I CHOPPED MY XB, IT DID ITS DAMAGE AROUND THE S.P.L. MIKE. YOU SHOULD WORRY ABOUT THE METAL. ME AND ONE OF MY BOYS BOLTH RIPED THE BODY IN TWO DIFERENT SPOTS. MINE WAS ONE OF THE BACK DOORS AND MY BRO WAS BY THE GAS DOOR. HOWEVER YOU CAN GET ALL YOUR PLEXY PIPEDREEMS FROM S&W PLASTICS. THER ARE THE S#*T. CANDY STORE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. P.S. I GOT ALL MY STOCK GLASS SO IF YOU GET IN JAM HALLA!!!:cool:
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top