Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I tried to do a search on the forums and can't find much information on replacing the drums on the xB.

When I removed the rim and the locating ring on the hub there are 2 holes that can be used to pull off the drum from the hub assembly. Does anyone know what size bolt I'm suppose to use? I also tired banging the crap out of the drum with a hammer with no luck. :confused:

Thanks!

-B

·
Registered
130 Posts
Make sure your parking brake is off.
Make sure your replacement shoes come with the adjuster plate pin already installed. If not, you will have to buy a whole hardware kit from the dealer. They do not sell this pin seperately.
It's a crimped in pin so you cannot re-use the old ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the correct screws. They were 8mm x 1.25 and sold at Home Depot for $0.29 cents each. After replacing the shoes I smeared anti-seize on the hub snout to prevent it from rusting together again.

-B

·
Registered
130 Posts
What brand shoes did you use?
Did they have the pin for the adjuster plate already installed?
if not, what did you use to crimp the new pin in with?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the Bendix Global brand of shoes and they cost about $22.00. They already had the pin for the adjuster plate installed so in was pretty straight forward.

-B

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Blown or anyone else listening! Saw your post on brake shoes, where can I get "Bendix Global" shoes? My wife has a 2005 XB and I just paid $90.00at AUTOZONE and I dont believe that they come with the "adjuster plate". PLEASE HELP.......

Jazzz
Sacramento, CA

·
Registered
11 Posts
the bolt size to get the drum covers off is a 10mm i took them off just the other day. and don't buy them at auto zone oreillys etc..... way too expensive get em online or i think pep boys has some pretty cheap ones.
I'm gonna change mine soon and take some pics and post a DIY pretty soon

·
Registered
30 Posts
the bolt size to get the drum covers off is a 10mm i took them off just the other day. and don't buy them at auto zone oreillys etc..... way too expensive get em online or i think pep boys has some pretty cheap ones.
I'm gonna change mine soon and take some pics and post a DIY pretty soon
The bolt size is 8mm x 1.25

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.