Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated 1-4-07 w/pics Replacement AC knobs

I received the AC knobs in the 2nd pic from south yokohama corp. today, but they don't fit. Insted of being direct replacements for the A/C knobs they're just hollow domes that fit over the oem bB A/C knobs and attach with a set screw. :mad: Of course the XB ones are bigger in diameter, so they don't fit.

I'm hoping I can buy these, and they will fit inside the covers I bought. For people who have the knobs in the 1st pic, can you tell me what the diameter of them are? Hopefully they'll fit inside, and I can use those.

These are what I bought

They ended up just being covers, and the oem ac knobs fit inside them.

UPDATE:

Figured out a mod to make these
work with our XB's:D

First I bought these off a guy on SL:

After a little grinding down the outsides of them to reduce the diameter they were able to fit inside the South Yokohama-Corp knobs covers.

Now that the modded knobs were fitted inside the covers they were secured with a supplied set screw. They can now be used on the USDM XB's

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they don't fit straight out of the box. i wish I had a digi camera right now to take pics of them, but the inside of them are hollow. They're suppose to fit over the oem A/C knobs and secure with a set screw. pretty crappy design for such a nice looking part! The're designed to fit over the 1st gen bB knobs, but out XB knobs are a little bit bigger in diameter. I'm bound to make them work though even if I have to mold new bases for them to sit on.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump for updates

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
All you had to do was ask before buying. I went to South Yokohama a year ago a picked up the door handles, speedo trim, locks and wiper balnk. I asked about the AC knobs. their first question was Zenki or Kouki? They don't fit the kouki model bB/xB. There are other companies of course that make the right parts for the right job. I'm glad I checked before I bought. I don't actually like how they look altho good job on figureing out how to make them work. I would rather have the OEM ones in chrome now. I ahve seen them somewhere. Now I have to remember where.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The OEM chrome looking ones can be found on Japan auction sites. Seen quite a few people selling them there.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^^ www.wheelchoice.com will bid and ship the parts to the states. I've used them about 5 times now, and their customer service kills it. Nothing but good things to say about them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts