Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I didn't see the Dodge Ram coming at me (doing 15MPH) when I tried to cross the street:eek: Anyways, my 6 month old box was hit mostly at the drivers door by the front fender, buckeling the door and part of the dash. The front wheels are pointing in diff directions too. Because of the damage to the firewall and the A pillar, the claims adjuster thought it might not be repairable and has to talk to Scion Tuesday.

Is there a sweetspot on a Xb that if damaged = totaled?

My head still hurts but the box never stalled and drove home nicely.

Happy new year?

Dennis

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Wow that sucks!

Sorry to hear about your xB. Stupid trucks.

Make sure you mention any soreness to you insurance company when you put in the claim -- even if it doesn’t seem so bad now. (The other guys insurance company too.) You have so much adrenaline in your system now it will be hard to tell yet if you have any real damage. Most things will show up within a few days. Give it a good week before you decide. Always harder to claim discovered injuries later than to leave your options open now.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bad damage to the a pillar and dash and cowl structure from a side hit can be hard to fix (which means expensive). It is possible for a relatively low impact in certain areas to total any car. Side of the dash is one of these areas. Whatever Scion finds take their word and run with it. I bet they would want to make money fixing it if they thought it would be a good repair, so, if they think it is a goner you likely don't want it repaired anyway. (No one wants a repaired car that isn't right). Hope your head feels better...my wife still has migraines 2.5 years after getting hit broadside and smacking her head into the driver window (thank god she was hit in the passenger side, woulda been much worse if it was her side that got hit).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ted, that's the info I needed to hear.
My Xb won't get fixed if its whacked and my dealer has some new ones on the lot:)

Of course my wife thinks I should get a "safer car", maybe even a used one if I need a replacement:rolleyes:

Not going to fight that fight until I have to.

Thanks all for your input. Stay tuned!

Dennis

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
Good Luck

sorry to hear about the xB i too know what its like to maybe loose the ride to a total I'm still waiting for the ins to come look at it they are backed up due to recent wind storm.:( make sure that you tell about everything that feels even in the slightest bit wrong. don't want an injury to manifest itself after ins says your done.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Glad you are ok, but claim EVERYTHING, including yourself to the insurance companies

Sheesh, I swear, the coming of a new year always comes with at least 4 or 5 collisions..... If she's totaled, then she's totaled. Get a new box if you really like them. If you can WAIT a few months for the new style, which I believe is supposed to be a safer car, then wait. If you can't, and you don't want a Scion, at least keep it in the Toyota family...I will suggest a Camry on this one....

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe it is totaled when the damage is over 60% of the value of the vehicle.

When I did the pole kit on mine, the estimate was $7800 and they fixed it. The total actuale Price was $11,900. It was only 3 weeks ld when i had the accident.

And After!!!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
^^^ DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (breath) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.