Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i do this without screwing up the paint, scratching, etc....

im pretty sure i just don't yank the hell out of it until it comes off.

tips will be helpful anyone, thank you

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
its simple actually, get a piece of fishing line like 10lb test maybe a little heavier or some of that dental floss the kind that wont break, and just kinda floss the emblems off and use some goo gone or wipeaway to get the left over stickys off that were used to secure the emblems on from the dealer.

oh, well, theres no article about it yet here on clubxb. maybe while you do yours, you could take some pics and make the article. i didnt even think about that when i did mine or i would have done it.;)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I used a 90 degree pick tool and reached in between emblem and body and gently pulled. came off clean too. First thing idid to my car was pull the logos off. too hard to clean around them.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have yet to do this to my xB.. but I will be doing it this weekend with some 6 lb fishing line.. Blow Dryer

To remove the extra gunk that is left form the double sided tape I will be using zippo fluid... works great.. Then Wash and clay bar the area and wax it.. Should come out clean..

Zippo fluid for whatever reason works great to remove residue... and wont harm the paint. Just remember to wash it off once your done... Same you should do with any product..

I used this method on my Solara to remove the rear emblems and worked great..

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I let the hatch end sit in the sun for a few hours then grabbed some dental floss and ran it behind the emblems - wala emblems gone and very little residue...... got the residue off w/ some bug and tar remover then washed and waxed the area.........nice and smooth

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HOOOOOOOORAAY
ok great new guys, i just took off my emblem.

i took some fish line and flossed the back of it. make sure u wear gloves (like football or baseball gloves)
there was still gunk there, but if u rub it, to rolls over itself. you will get the majority out like this.

then to get the little residue out, the best thing to use is meguirs cleaner wax.
ok that is meguirs cleaner wax. rub a little in the that residue or really small stuck on glue parts, and wipe off.
and its wax so you dont have to wash when ur done.
it worked great in cleaning it. i put my xb emblem inside the car now on the passenger side. looks great. thanks all that helped.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
rick. your the man!
plain and simple.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Go it how you do it man! I personally waited for a 100+ degree day and did the screwdriver-wrapped-in-a-cloth-pop-off method. No residue. No scratching. Simple as pie.

Come to think of it, I shoulda done a write-up myself.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Bug and tar removal works great for getting the residue off. Heat it up and wipe if off

·
Registered
762 Posts
Go it how you do it man! I personally waited for a 100+ degree day and did the screwdriver-wrapped-in-a-cloth-pop-off method. No residue. No scratching. Simple as pie.

Come to think of it, I shoulda done a write-up myself.
i did that and the screwdriver went through the rag and scratched the paint. then again i scratched the OEM paint on the hood down to primer with my fingernail.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.