Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you really have to take the front bumper off, just to remove the headlights?
Sounds pretty wierd :eek: if you ask me. i want to clear my headlights, but this sounds like i need a few people if i have to take the bumper off to release the lights.
Can anyone give me some feedback on this :confused:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
It is true, you have to take the bumper off to remove the headlights. I did it by myself. The bumper doesn't weight anything, just make sure you have something soft to place it on while you're working on the lights so it doesn't get scratched.

·
Registered
296 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
It is true, you have to take the bumper off to remove the headlights. I did it by myself. The bumper doesn't weight anything, just make sure you have something soft to place it on while you're working on the lights so it doesn't get scratched.
Ya surfcitylocal is right! Only takes a few minutes to remove the bumper and its really light! It can easily be done by yourself!! Shouldnt take more than 10-15 min. tops to remove the bumper and lights if you know where all the bolts and screws are!! I also agree that you should lay a towel down on the ground so you wont scratch the bumper!!!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
You don't have to take it off completely, you can leave the bolts are underneath on, and rotate it away from the box, just enough to take the lights out and have some room to work with...thats what i did

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
This is True - I only removed the top bolts...... The catch is there is a tab on the bumper by the lights that takes some manuvering to get the bumper to release.....I think SurfCity posted a pic somewhere....best of luck

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yep...i think i was fighting with it and it was already alose...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Here's the tricky little tab...

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I knew you had it ........ Mister DIY to the rescuse................

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Always glad to be of service.....makes me smile.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Yeah, had to fight with that pesky tab as well, but the results were worth it!
Looks like me twin now that we both have the lower billets on. Brotha's from anotha mutha! :D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Quit being negative. Especially as your first comment.

·
RS4.0 #1526
193 Posts
There are 2 under the grill and 2 in the fender wells. One on each side at around the 10'oclock position if you are looking at the drivers side wheel. Then like 7-8 underneath the lip starting at the very edge of the bumper working it's way in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.