Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about removing the emblems off of the back of my box. What method did you guys use, and what gets the glue off of the paint without harming it?

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
I used dental floss and turtle wax bug and tar remover. I also warmed up the emblems with a heat gun but letting it sit out in the sun to warm up is just as good. let emblem tape soak with the bug and tar remover a bit then slide the dental floss or fishing line behind it and start working it through the sticky tape that acually holds the emblems on. Its really easy. :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I will try it on monday when I get a day off work. Looks like it shouldn't be too bad. I just gotta pick up some bug and tar remover.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Cravin said:
I used dental floss and turtle wax bug and tar remover. I also warmed up the emblems with a heat gun but letting it sit out in the sun to warm up is just as good. let emblem tape soak with the bug and tar remover a bit then slide the dental floss or fishing line behind it and start working it through the sticky tape that acually holds the emblems on. Its really easy. :)

Just what I did. Great minds think alike.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i just park my xB in my drive way and the emblem just decide to take a long vacation ............... it has come back yet:confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
yea it the stupid emblem fairy left a huge scrap on my hatch too.

i expected some money somewhere in the car but nope .. the fairy disappionted me

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
scionbox123 said:
yea it the stupid emblem fairy left a huge scrap on my hatch too.

i expected some money somewhere in the car but nope .. the fairy disappionted me
Friggin' fairys, just can't trust them since the union was busted up!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Jeff did his, and I didn't even hear any swearing down in the garage this time! :p Mine's next, I'm already down a wiper! Yay for mods!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
would a hair dryer and fishing line work alright?? and just some turtle wax after?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
xfLipm0d3x said:
would a hair dryer and fishing line work alright?? and just some turtle wax after?
Yup, just make sure you heat the area evenly. I used a heat gun and it worked great.

·
Registered
311 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Yup, just make sure you heat the area evenly. I used a heat gun and it worked great.
alright and the emblems are just "glued" on ryyte? not like honda emblems where those 2 holes pop up right? i'm going to debadge my TCM tonight

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
xfLipm0d3x said:
alright and the emblems are just "glued" on ryyte? not like honda emblems where those 2 holes pop up right? i'm going to debadge my TCM tonight
No holes. Once you have the glue heated up, and it doesn't take much, slide the fishing line/dental floss behind the emblem and it will lift up. When the emblem is off use the bug and tar remover to clean the left over glue. I used orange cleaner on mine. After you clean the glue off apply some wax to replace the coat removed by the cleaner. Easy as pie.

·
Registered
311 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
No holes. Once you have the glue heated up, and it doesn't take much, slide the fishing line/dental floss behind the emblem and it will lift up. When the emblem is off use the bug and tar remover to clean the left over glue. I used orange cleaner on mine. After you clean the glue off apply some wax to replace the coat removed by the cleaner. Easy as pie.
would adhesive tape remover work or alcohol?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
GOO GONE!!!!

They are not on with GLUE! They are on with double sided "sticky" tape!! Its quite thick too!

No need for a heat gun! What a bunch of sissy's! :p :p

Use WAXED dental floss takes under five minutes work it back and forth in a see saw motion and they come off!

Do NOT pull or peel that risk is UP TO YOU!!! Soak the sticky stuff in goo gone and get to rubbin!

THEN use whatever wax you prefer and you can never tell they were there!

Takes about ten minutes newer boxes less....

GOOD LUCK!!!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I just ripped mine off with my hand and rubbed the exceess with my finger.
worked great

·
Registered
311 Posts
thanks Sherri.. i can't wait til i get home to remove the emblems off my TCM

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.