Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a musical instrument into my xB and the seat backs are not going to allow me to do that. Since the seat-back's don't fold flat, I'd like to remove them - has anyone done this and can you describe how you would do it?

I can see what appear to be bolt connections at the bottom corners of each back and it looks like the backs would simply slide forward and out of their connection points - is that the way to remove them?

I DO NOT want to screw up my great little 'cereal box' - I may get the scion manual, but I thought it might not be that difficult.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
you want to take them out for good ? i mean well any way its easy you found the bolts yes i think there is 4 or 6 the whole back seat comes right out unbolt lift turn to side and pull out back or side door

this is with back seat down

back seat out

it took all of 15 to 29 min
its easy oo and we bult a sub floor to
any ?? hit me up lts all choice

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seat removal

Not interested in removing them for good - just when I need to put the instrument in it. Which bolts are you referring to? I see bolts at the bottom of the seat backs and also some bolts, at the back of the rear seat, down below the seat backs - looks like some kind of solid bar that runs continuous across the back.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Yes Unbolt Them 2 In Front 2 On The Side Were Seat Folds And The Ones Bottem Back And You Should Be Good To Go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.