Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 06 box 3.0 and i wanted to i am setting up my audio system i am keeping my head unit since is an alpine and a dvd player. i have everything set up i just wanted to know what color is the remote cable......to turn on my amps.... please help asap.......

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I've never seen a remote wire any color but blue or maybe blue w/ white stripe.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
It may not even has RCA out's, I'm sure you will get your answer soon.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Not sure where to get your remote power from then.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
u can hook it to the red switched ignition wire on the back of ur radio alpines that dont have rca's jacks dont have remote wires . If u want ur amp to shut off if u turn ur radio off u ll have to use a small switch /toggle switch . :cool: thats how we do it at work i work a car stereo shop for 7 yrs . try that tho :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
madmaxb said:
u can hook it to the red switched ignition wire on the back of ur radio alpines that dont have rca's jacks dont have remote wires . If u want ur amp to shut off if u turn ur radio off u ll have to use a small switch /toggle switch . :cool: thats how we do it at work i work a car stereo shop for 7 yrs . try that tho :)
^^^^What he said. If you don't replace the stock head unit you'll have to put in a switch for your amps.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't like the switch way to turn off the amps, as I forget sometimes and kill batteries.
The best way IMO is to wire the remote turn on to the ignition so your amps go off when car is turned off. I hardly ever ride with the radio off, this way you never forget to turn it off and come out to a dead car in the morning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.