Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 06 box 3.0 and i wanted to i am setting up my audio system i am keeping my head unit since is an alpine and a dvd player. i have everything set up i just wanted to know what color is the remote cable......to turn on my amps.... please help asap.......

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I've never seen a remote wire any color but blue or maybe blue w/ white stripe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Padanky said:
I've never seen a remote wire any color but blue or maybe blue w/ white stripe.
see the problem is that i dont know if the stock head unit has one

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
It may not even has RCA out's, I'm sure you will get your answer soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Padanky said:
It may not even has RCA out's, I'm sure you will get your answer soon.
it does not have rca output you have to find the speakerwire and cut them
and convert them in to rca

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Not sure where to get your remote power from then.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
u can hook it to the red switched ignition wire on the back of ur radio alpines that dont have rca's jacks dont have remote wires . If u want ur amp to shut off if u turn ur radio off u ll have to use a small switch /toggle switch . :cool: thats how we do it at work i work a car stereo shop for 7 yrs . try that tho :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
madmaxb said:
u can hook it to the red switched ignition wire on the back of ur radio alpines that dont have rca's jacks dont have remote wires . If u want ur amp to shut off if u turn ur radio off u ll have to use a small switch /toggle switch . :cool: thats how we do it at work i work a car stereo shop for 7 yrs . try that tho :)
^^^^What he said. If you don't replace the stock head unit you'll have to put in a switch for your amps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I picked these off of ebay...

It has RCA and remote already wired in, just plug and play. Only 30 shipped and it works great

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't like the switch way to turn off the amps, as I forget sometimes and kill batteries.
The best way IMO is to wire the remote turn on to the ignition so your amps go off when car is turned off. I hardly ever ride with the radio off, this way you never forget to turn it off and come out to a dead car in the morning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.