Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a remote start/alarm installed on my car. Everytime I go to remote start the factory alarm goes off. I have to unlock the car, remote start, then engage again. I think this defeats the purpose of why I wanted the dang thing in the first place. NOT to mention that I travel at all hours of the day/night alone and it's a safety issue as well.

I do know that...

The shop that installed it never disabled the factory alarm. I have taken it back twice to get it fixed and both times they have told me they'd fix me up. Of course when I went back to get my car I was disappointed to hear them say that the factory alarm CAN'T be disabled.

of course I read this as we don't know wtf we are doing. Since these guys are friends of my husband (skeeter) I let it go.

Now it's frustrating the everloving you know what outta me.

Here is my short question, HOW do you disable this?
I have found 4 other rs3 owners with this issue and I KNOW most don't want the answer floating around online on forums, I will gladly take a PM to solve this issue. I know skeeter can if told what to do fix this for me...thus saving him from spending our anniversary in the dog house. ;)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
there should be a wire from the R/S that will send a pulse to an unlock wire or factory alarm disarm wire coming from the door. that will shut off the OEM alarm upon startup. don't ask what the wire is. I don't have the info at my disposal right now nor do I know what the disarm wire is.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Well since the YOYO's that installed our Viper remote start can NOT figure out how to bypass the stock alarm, I am going to uninstall the stock alarm completely by following the install manual I found at ToyotaParts4u

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
u should be able to find the factory alarm brain and just pull the fuse out. That should solve ur problem i would just leave the factory stuff hooked up just find that fuse or were they taped power in for it :) u just have to crawl under ur dash and do some investagating to find it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
madmaxb said:
u should be able to find the factory alarm brain and just pull the fuse out. That should solve ur problem i would just leave the factory stuff hooked up just find that fuse or were they taped power in for it :) u just have to crawl under ur dash and do some investagating to find it.

Well funny you should mention that crawling under dash thing........

I took these like 20 minutes ago. Skeeter took the entire factory alarm out. I should also mention he found a bare exposed wire while down there....as well as the screwy job the alarm "installers" did.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Send the old alarm my way, I could use one.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I think I am going to install it on my hot lava machine! If not Padanky you first on the list.

The bar wire I think goes to the crusie control, the dips that installed the viper remote start tapped into the factory alarm harness, I guess they thought it was just the factory harness. So i had to unhook a few of their wires and now to take it back to them for them to rehook them up. Then Im off to Toyota to get the cruise back working.

MadmaXB there are 3 fuses in the alarm harness!! :)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Skeeter said:
I think I am going to install it on my hot lava machine! If not Padanky you first on the list.

:)
Ok, I guess that's alright! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.