Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to unlock all the doors with the first press of the button instead of having to press the unlock twice?
I have a Clifford alarm and they must have hooked it up to my Keyless entry because it unlocks the driver's door when I disarm the alarm but it gives a second pulse like 2 seconds later to unlock the rest of the doors and sometimes my kids pull up on the handles while it's unlocking their doors and it makes it to where I have to get in and unlock the door for them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
remote entry

I had the Scion Security alarm added when I bought my Scion and as far as I know there is no way to unlock all the doors without pressing the remote twice. What I found interesting is that when I turn the engine and the lights off on mine, after it is in the garage it locks itself automatically after a few minutes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yes you can unlock all the doors at the same time, i did it on my xb i can't think of the wire color of the other unlock wire but you need two diodes that will come from your unlock wire on your alarm so now you will have two unlock outputs one will go to the wire you already have hooked up and one will go to the other unlock wire. you see, you have the wire hooked up to the child safety wire and you need to hook up that and that other unlock wire they are in the same plug in the driver kick. that should work for you. good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
yes you can unlock all the doors at the same time, i did it on my xb i can't think of the wire color of the other unlock wire but you need two diodes that will come from your unlock wire on your alarm so now you will have two unlock outputs one will go to the wire you already have hooked up and one will go to the other unlock wire. you see, you have the wire hooked up to the child safety wire and you need to hook up that and that other unlock wire they are in the same plug in the driver kick. that should work for you. good luck

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
smooth said:
Umm....do you think I can print this out and take it in to Magnolia Hi-Fi and have them do it since they installed the alarm for me? I don't know if I could figure it out....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should probaly just buck up and get the $300 Service manual so I can figure some of these things out :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
look at note #1 at the bottom of the wiring color chart for the xb
you can run the primary unlock wire on the alarm to that wire instead of the one on the drivers side and it will unlock all of them at the same time
your install shop should be able to fix this within a few minutes

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks you are a lifesaver!!!! I can do that myself I'm sure!
Welcome to ClubXB :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Geeze.....I finaly got around to fixing my problem, it took me like 5 minutes to rewire my alarm unlock, works great now.
thanks for the help Superfreestyle!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.