Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "Lock" mechanism on my little remote entry device that goes on my keychain quit working today. It will still "Unlock", so it obviously partly works, but it won't "Lock". It's only two moths old. I guess the obvious answer is to go and get another one from my dealer, but I wonder of anyone else has this problem? And can I go to any Scion dealer, or do I have to go to the one that I bought my car from?

·
Registered
354 Posts
did you check the battery in the keyfob.. I know its new but could be battery.. I had a car one time that would do opposite it would lock but not unlock with remote keyless changed the battery and it worked fine.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try that when I get home. I know it shows in the manual how to get the thing out because I remember seeing it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Didn't you get 2 Keyfobs? did you try the other one? sorry, dumb question I know.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Im 39 years old and this is only the second time I heard key FOB! weird!!

Does that stand for something?? "Shut up Dion!":p

And Im also posting bc our first ones batt went dead within one month!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
A key fob is a chain used to secure a pocket watch to an article of clothing, or any ornament that hangs from such a chain. This includes items hanging off a keychain. The term is also used when referring to electronic security key devices.

Acronym meaning:

Forward Operating Base
Free on board, an Incoterm used in shipping
Fresh off the boat
Friend (or Friends) of Bill Clinton
Faecal occult blood
Fall Out Boy

I couldnt wait so I looked it up!!

FRESH OF the BOAT??? :eek: wow!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
A key fob is a chain used to secure a pocket watch to an article of clothing, or any ornament that hangs from such a chain. This includes items hanging off a keychain. The term is also used when referring to electronic security key devices.

Acronym meaning:

Forward Operating Base
Free on board, an Incoterm used in shipping
Fresh off the boat
Friend (or Friends) of Bill Clinton
Faecal occult blood
Fall Out Boy

I couldnt wait so I looked it up!!

FRESH OF the BOAT??? :eek: wow!
You worry me sometimes......... :rolleyes:

It's just another name for the keyless remotes. :)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Ive lived a sheltered life! What can I say!

You said key fob to me and YOU weren't talking about a keyless remote!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My other one does indeed work. And oddly enough, the malfunctioning one started working again.

I'm gonna go ahead and replace the battery.

I love that there is a web site where I can go and discuss the most minute and (to some people) boring details about my little car, and there are all these people that really care about it!

And my steelies look great with my stainless trim rings and chrome lug nuts! I would have never thought to do that without this site. Yahoo!

I'll post pics soon.

·
Registered
354 Posts
glad we could help..

i was going to say keyfob in my original post but didnt look right for some reason so i put keychain..

and Fall Out Boy as an Acronym for FOB thats good..

We're going down, down in an earlier round
And Sugar, we're going down swinging
I'll be your number one with a bullet
A loaded God complex, cock it and pull it

sorry not a big fan of theirs just their song gets stuck in my head.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Hubbard I just typed that out on another thread!! :)

Im glad we can all come here and ask whatevers on our mind and theres not smart "butts"!! Jumping on our case!

That is a great feeling!!

Glad you got it figured out tho!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
hubbard said:
My other one does indeed work. And oddly enough, the malfunctioning one started working again.

I'm gonna go ahead and replace the battery.

I love that there is a web site where I can go and discuss the most minute and (to some people) boring details about my little car, and there are all these people that really care about it!

And my steelies look great with my stainless trim rings and chrome lug nuts! I would have never thought to do that without this site. Yahoo!

I'll post pics soon.
Glad you got it working again (using a key sucks!!)
And I'm glad we are all here working together to help each other out :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.