Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I aint seen 'em, frankly couldn't give a crap less - it's just a CAR. BUT... does anyone seriously believe legal action could successfully pursued against them for posting or hosting them? Come on.. give me a break, if you are under no legal agreement where you have agreed under penalty not to do so - then THERE'S NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO YOU! Use your head.

This a tired old case that has NEVER worked in court, which is exactly why magazines are permitted to run "Spy" photos. -- hell, it's the same law that allows a paparazzi to sell a photo of you laying in your backyard in the sun, naked.

Thank God I haven't even had to go on the other site in a few years now, bunch of ignorant, self-important MORONS. You count the people on one hand with anything useful to say - and even they are beyond clueless as to the rules of jurisprudence. Even HERE sometimes - other than Squirrel - and he gets flamed every time, he of all people is the one someone should be listening to on (vehicle) laws.

But as far as "oh no! Toyota corporate will come after you/us!! oh no! don't do that!" Jesus. Get a grip. As for those who saw the car in person "woohoo" .. wow. you're great. congratulations, you saw a CAR that only 1% of 1% of the general population (us xB owners - of which I have TWO) even give a crap about - and they'll care even LESS about seeing once the car is actually on the street in numbers.

Years ago, working CA, I worked on a number of cars that were only pre-production pieces, prototype mules etc etc etc. Always the same thing "oh! don't tell anyone!" ... to which the question always was "and if I do? you'll what??" ... nothing. That's what.

Anyhow - meant this to be a quick post (I failed) - but the point was.. WHO GIVES A 5HIT!!!!! No one is going to kick your door in for posting a .jpg on imagestation and no one will come serve you with papers at work on Monday morning. Get a grip.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
No kidding. Although, it's to appease the people in power (Scion). They are the 'new' car company and I know they want to keep things hush hush, but what if you wanted to trade in your current project and work on their new platforms? As far as I know, the only people who are in the loop, work at the dealerships, and even they won't speak a word about the new models. A few specs or even some prelim shots woulda been nice - I don't ever touch SL, so if there are things about it on there...Well.....I'm not gonna have their cookies on my computer.... Anyways, I personally would have loved to see the 'leaked pics' myself, as it'll help me decide whether or not I should save for a down payment on the newer models, get an xA, or keep my box.

The thing that bothers me most about the private viewing of the new models is everyone that went can't talk about it, which is GOOD, because it keeps up guessing, but if the new models don't get the draw that the current - now 'obsolete' line-up received, how are they (Scion) going to keep afloat? Just look at the highly under-appreciated xA. It's a sweet car if modified correctly, but at the same time, there wasn't a big draw because of it's more feminine lines. I'm trying to help spark debate, not sound like I'm griping, but at the same time I am kinda peeved, because if the xD is a seriously trick car, I wanna know NOW so I can save up and trade-in. To me, it's about keeping the company above water, not becoming a lame duck and dying out after it's first term.

Let's hear your thoughts guys, serious inquiries only.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Can someone please post a link to the thread/ threads with the photos?

I really don’t want to spend anymore time searching around the other site than necessary, but I am curious to see what this thing looks like.

Thanks

·
3,453 Posts
You're probably not going to get that wish. Someone apparently posted pics earlier, and they were then taken off, per the admins wishes. Something about the site being shut-down, or getting branded as a bad website or something...

Anyways, If we're lucky, MAYBE they'll allow at least ONE pic of each model.

Anyone read any magazines or blog's that discuss this? I've been on google looking and looking.....I really don't want SL to know I was trolling around again...

·
3,453 Posts
I'm gonna have to be patient. Though Like I said, it's nice to know now, so I can help keep the Scion brand going.

From what I've been told by many people, Scion keeps an eye on SL. Anyone that has a link in their sig to other existing sites, such as clubxb, I wouldn't be surprised if they have trolled around here. Having the supposed leaked pics on here, would look 'bad' in the eyes of Scion. That's what I mean by that. No-one wants to be left-out of the scene because of some legality issues, and I don't blame them.

I'm just as frustrated as anyone else about the new models, and as time draws nearer of their 'unveiling' at the Chicago Auto Show, we as a people are getting more anxious to see these vehicles. I just hope the wait is well worth it, because I really don't want Scion to go down in the history books as a 4 year running company and then shutting it's doors due to lack of interest.

Why the folks that went had to get completely trashed before the private show is beyond me, you'd think they'd at least want to share minor details.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Be patient - it won't be long at all before those pics are 'out in the wild' on other small sites and stay up - in fact, they just appeared at another, placed there by THAT site's Admin...

Once they are for sure generally available on the 'net, I suspect posting 'em up here will be no big deal (same, in reality, for ScionLife). It's just that ClubxB does not want to be known at Scion HQ as "the site that broke the xB2 pics to the world." Once someone else does that, it becomes a whole lot safer - one is just reporting what someone else ALREADY DID.

Tom

·
3,453 Posts
ClubxB does not want to be known at Scion HQ as "the site that broke the xB2 pics to the world."
Tom
Exactly what I mean.

I'm as patient as I can be, but at the same time, a new season is starting. Should I wait, in hopes that the new models are hot enough to be a half-season car, or spend now and appease the masses? It's a dilemma for some of us.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I have to add my 3 cents - Scion should be happy that we are all interested in whats to come - without the hype they don't have SH*T......... If it wasn't for all of us buying there cars and showing the luv they wouldn't be around........ Let us have our pre-reveal fun and move on - your going to make MILLIONS either way..........Were all just squirrels trying to find out NUT.......BACK OFF SCION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
so what about the new designs. they use more gas, are bigger cars and won't have the novelty of the xB anyway. Not from Japan, I don't want it. Besides, the support of those "JDM" parts we all like to have won't be possible with these cars.

·
3,453 Posts
I understand what you mean JDMJim. Though with the new models coming out, the novelty of the US 1st Gen xB will still be around. It'll probably even grow since the market is now closed, and the vehicles become true collector's items. Sure the newer models are rumored to have larger motors, but do we really know for sure? Who's to say the xB2 debuted in Miami wasn't a vehicle with a motor swap to show that a larger engine can be dropped in? I can see the 1.8, but a 2.4? That's a pretty large motor. Many say the new models were modified with body kits. That alone changes a lot of the vision of the original car.

If the cars are still built in Japan, I can see this next model generation being big for Toyota/Scion. If they're to be built by the people on THIS continent....It could break their company, and that is a huge concern of mine. I like the vision of Scion, but if their cars don't give the same reliability......I feel Scion could go down earlier than expected.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
judging by those pics....it's ugly.

Looks like a small jeep.

Way to steal the column shifter which was on the EP3 Si....

·
3,453 Posts
^^ Many said that when the xB originally debuted. How many, who own xB's on this forum are guilty of that same thought? Many. I am one of them, and I know of a few others who agree.

·
3,453 Posts
Sucks the bB didn't come over.
I totally agree. I was really hoping that was going to happen. But, as usual, we get screwed out of the truly unique and excellent designs they have on the other continents.

At least we got 2 vehicles that are cool: xA/xB. ist/old skool bB

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
there's a reason why Toyota is building a couple more plants. It would cut costs of building Scions but they can be sold at the same price. Toyota would then make more money. I haven't seen the new pics, although, a column shifter sounds close to the new Auris which is all the rage in Japan.

·
3,453 Posts
I know one of the running Toyota commercials talks about 3 current models being built here. I can't remember what models, but I think it's a sedan, a van and a truck. I could be wrong, but I remember seeing a commercial awhile back that encouraged US employment with plants being here for jobs. I'd personally stay away from those, as we've seen with the quality control the big 3 have. their vehicles aren't really that bad, I'd own an American car if they were just built better.

I saw the 'pics' that are on smoke20's myspace. If they weren't 'line drawn' renditions and actual pics, I'd totally believe it, but from what is there, I probably would get an xB2 if it were still in the 15k price range. I'm sure it'll be closer to 17k though.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.