Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rubmeister
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a 1/4" red pinstripe where my polished lip meets the black center... the black reflecting off the lip makes it hard to tell that there is a decent amount of lip there, and the stripe gives it a little depth IMO... also ties em in to various red bits on my car. It's subtle but that's how I like it yo.

Whatcha think?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good, tape or paint? Either way I bet it was a *****.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Just a taste of color really makes it pop.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
looks good, great idea... too bad cant do it to my polished rim...

·
Rubmeister
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did it with straight up pinstripe tomato red tape, $3.95 at discount auto parts, haha. It was a tad tedious with my fat fingers and the curved spokes, but if I can do it anyone can.

Still thinking about powdercoating the entire lip red in the future but for now this looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I like it!

It really does show off the lip. How about a shot of the whole car now so we can enjoy the "red bits?" :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Very nice. Really adds depth to the rim.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The red pinstripe looks great. The outer lip of my Enkei's have a ridge that would hold a pinstripe and I thought about doing it but have some other things to do first. As for camber, I wouldn't wear out my tires quickly just to make it look cool. Just my opinion as my husband is a auto technician and won't even let me put a spacer on mine. I'd worry about lack of contact on these slick wet florida roads. Just throwing it out for you to think about. Love what you have done so far!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts