Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am posting this for a friend of my and he has a Toyota Corolla. he wants to know when is the recommended transmission flush. 15k or 30k? thanks.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, its a 2004 Corolla S. he just need about 1k more then he is going to be 15k.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wouldnt do a flush even if the car is that new. Just change te fluid and filter the old way. So many bad stories with those flushing machines even if it is done at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Ummmmmmm....... I used to perform these services on mutipile platforms of vehicles. If you want your stuff to be running smoothly, and not have to replace ur ish for awhile, I recommend this. It's not the machines per say, its the person operating these machines is what you have to concern urself with. Done plenty with no complaints :D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Crap, I meant to respond to this thread a while ago. Hope you're still watching.

I looked it up, that Corolla has the Toyota Type T-IV transmission fluid. Technically speaking (and according to Toyota) you NEVER need to replace it. You certainly can if you like, but you never need to. It's engineered to last FOREVER. Remember that the Type T-IV is VERY expensive and that you can NOT use anything else.

Good Luck!

-Alex

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yes, just change the filter and the fluid.

If you keep up with changing the filter and fluid every 15k miles you will NEVER need to flush the transmission. I would personally avoid a trans flush at all costs.

If you feel a flush is needed, make sure no cleaners or chemicals are used. You can do a flush by simply running trans fluid through the trans.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
ctruss said:
If you feel a flush is needed, make sure no cleaners or chemicals are used. You can do a flush by simply running trans fluid through the trans.
I'm not tryin to diss you in any way, but thats what a trans flush is supposed to be. If they are using chemicals other than just the trans fluid recommended for ur car, they are at fault if anything breaks down. So iif and when you go to do this, make them state on paper what they are going to be using for the flush.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.