Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really appreciate it if you guys can throw in some recommendation through suggestions on dashboard speakers the 4in I am new to this club xB as I just registered today so far it's a good website seen a lot of good information. I have just started to get into the mold of changing up my Scion I've only had it for 2 years just finished paying it off about 3 months ago so I said why not start installing a system minute. So I got the motivation going and I have bought me a 6.5 inch touch screen JVC DVD multimedia player. I've also got some speakers I just don't know which ones I got as I forgot. I got the radio and door speakers for a grand total price of $237 from crutchfield. most likely the majority of y'all on this website know that they provide you all the free accessories you need like the speaker brackets, radio harness, and instructions for your specific vehicle and how to install and remove the radio along with all the speakers. So I'm going to get brave and go ahead and try to install this on my own when I get my equipment in on May 11, 2020.sorry I went on a big rant but the whole purpose of this was just a little introduction of myself and what I would like to get going with the Scion xB so any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated look forward to hearing from you guys or have a great and God blessed day.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just bought an 04 in March so all speakers were toast and cd stuck in the t1801 oem stereo. I replaced stereo with oem t1806 single disc color changing model and went all Pioneer TS-G series speakers.........all are polypropylene cone coaxials.

TS-G1045r 4" for dash........no adapters to mount - just bend 2 tabs out of way on new ones.

TS-G1645r 6.5" in front doors (need adapters to mount)

TS-G1345r 5.25" in hatch area (need adapters too)

Have to drill out riveted mounting in front door and use adapters to mount new ones. Have to unbolt 5.25's in hatch and use adapters to mount those too. I also used wiring adapters to go from new speakers to oem speaker plugs but this isn't totally necessary but liked not having splices. These type doodads.....plugnplay

I have no intentions of putting any kind of system in mine, staying oem. Adding steering wheel controls for my 04 with 06 wheel I have as well as intending on adding GROM audio adapter for aux/usb/bluetooth that runs off back of oem HU will be as far as I go with things. There is a good install video on youtube for the dash speakers. Oh yeah, got all 3 sets of these speakers new in box for $30 - $40 shipped so all 3 sets were probably less than $120 total and the t1806 I scored cost a whopping $45 shipped. Nothing to break the bank and hopefully no interest from anyone in stealing a 14yr old oem stereo fo fitty cent at pawn shop.

20200322_120035.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts