Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front windshield washer fluid works fine but rear one does not (wipers do work though). Recently had the line cleaned and it is not freezing outside (I park in a heated garage). I recently bought the xB wanted to know if a clogged line is a common issue with this particular vehicle as it costs $$$ to unclog. I would like any recommendations on how to fix this issue before I bring it to the mechanic
(again :mad: ) Thanks!

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,447 Posts
Do you hear a motor trying to work when running the sprayer? It'll be in the passenger side front bumper just in ahead of the wheel. If not then the sprayer motor might be burnt out or have a blown fuse. Both sprayers use the same tank, there are two motors on the bottom of the tank, one for front and one for rear. You can access them by undoing the forward portion of the wheel well liner.

If the motor is working but nothing is coming out of the sprayer try disconnecting the line from the motor and running it to see if it pumps out of the motor. Repeat this with the sprayer nozzle removed from the line at the hatch to see if it's the motor, line, or sprayer that is clogged.

If the sprayer is clogged put it in a cup of CLR, or similar, to clean it up.
If the motor is clogged try the same or it may need replacing.
If the line is clogged you need to blow air through it with a compressor to try and dislodge whatever is clogging it. Obviously do this with the motor and sprayer ends disconnected so you do not damage them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts