Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my navigation and am trying to decide to get a wired rear view camera or a wireless one. How do everyone had their wired rear view camera ran and were do you have it mounted? Anyone have a wireless one? Hows the picture?

·
its what you do with it.
1,003 Posts
I would go wired if your not afraid of running the wire. These days wired is still better for just about any application. It should not be to difficult to run a wire to the back hatch.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have mine mounted in where my 3rd brake light used to be. It is in behind the glass and you do not even know it is there until I put it into reverse and start backing up. Then it pops up on the screen and you are golden.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have mine mounted in where my 3rd brake light used to be. It is in behind the glass and you do not even know it is there until I put it into reverse and start backing up. Then it pops up on the screen and you are golden.
Do you have any pictures of it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have heard of a few people taking out the rear windshield wiper and putting a camera there and its not to hard to run the wire either!

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you go wireless you will get static from people who have wireless internet when ever you drive by
my brother got the wireless for his 4-Runner, it's just as hard for me to wire it up and it does get static all the time so best to just get the wired one

·
Murder Box
126 Posts
Anyone know how to wire one into the sns? Does it get wired in with those two wires you have to clip? And while Im on the subject does anyone know what these are for?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The one looks like it would be for an antenna. Is that the factory one?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought the VR3 wireless rear view camera from Target for $69. The power 12DC for the camera is connected to the backing light. Please let me know if anyone wants to see the wiring photo.

The wireless signal is in 2.4Ghz range. It may interfere your blue tooth headset when you're in reverse. It doesn't matter to me since I'm not using it while I'm going backward.

FAI-YEN

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
can you even see the screen during the day? the screen seems kinda small too. does it work well?

I would try to get something that looks like the Infiniti one if possible.

Like this:
2002 Infiniti Q45

Maybe you could find one in a junk yard

Other than that I have no ideas at all.:confused:
there is one kinda like that. It is made by Eclipse. they are very well made units from what i hear and saw.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, I believe so. I will have the daytime photo later by today.

The funny thing is. I sometime pickup the signal from other cars that have their camera power stayed on. I'm guessing that they have used their parking light power instead of the backing up light.

The only feature I would like to have it improves, is the wider angle of the camera.

·
NTMARE
154 Posts
haha, i guess i never thought of that. the reason is that i am soon going to have my laptop in my box for the movie aspect, and also i am going to be getting software and a gps reciever that i can hook up my laptop to and use my laptop as navagation. i was just wondering if it was possible to have a rear view camera on a laptop cause my back windows are dark :D. like stock tint plus 5% everywhere behind the driver and passenger windows.

·
its what you do with it.
1,003 Posts
haha, i guess i never thought of that. the reason is that i am soon going to have my laptop in my box for the movie aspect, and also i am going to be getting software and a gps reciever that i can hook up my laptop to and use my laptop as navagation. i was just wondering if it was possible to have a rear view camera on a laptop cause my back windows are dark :D. like stock tint plus 5% everywhere behind the driver and passenger windows.
Found this on a quick google search but it looks huge.
Wireless Backup Camera and USB Video Receiver for Laptops

1 - 20 of 63 Posts