Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn my headlights on, the left tailight doesn't turn on.

When I step on the brakes, the right tailight doesn't turn on.

So... they both turn on... but not for the same application at the same time....
:confused:

FYI, the bulbs are red LEDS now that I bought at a local autozone. They are plug and play. I installed them 2 weeks ago with no problems. Well, until now.

·
Registered
367 Posts
DJArchngl said:
When I turn my headlights on, the left tailight doesn't turn on.

When I step on the brakes, the right tailight doesn't turn on.

So... they both turn on... but not for the same application at the same time....
:confused:

FYI, the bulbs are red LEDS now that I bought at a local autozone. They are plug and play. I installed them 2 weeks ago with no problems. Well, until now.
Odd...

I installed some hyper white side marker bulbs, and two days later I noticed (while driving w/ headlights) that when I would brake, the brake lights would go out and the reverse lights would come on. Then I would take my foot off the brake and the rear lights would be off.

I swapped back the stock amber bulbs and everything went back to normal.

I still think it is INCREDIBLY odd to associate the whites bulbs to what the rear of the box was doing, but I have had no problems sense.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I may have to put in the stock white bulbs with some red caps on if all else fails....

eh...
not happy.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Sounds to me like a grounding proplem. When switching over to these higher preformance bulbs they do not use as much voltage as the regulars. This makes the resistance less and can screw up other things up and down the wiring harness. Electricity can do some strange things.

Also just make shure that the lights that were put in are an exact match (in design not just fit) to the ones that were taken out.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
Ur problem is that led bulbs dont pull as much current as normal bulbs therefore u need load resitance on the each light circuit one on the left and one on the right taillight bulbs :) http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ord-Light~bulbs-Signal,Corner,Tail~and~accessories~bulbs-1-33226.htm
Hope this helps yall.The leds make the circuit act abnormal cause its not see it completing the circuit as quick as it flowin threw a filiment bulb (normal bulb) where as the led has a gap in it if u look closely at it so the led makin the circuit think it has a blown bulb. :cool: Directions for wiring load resister is on that webpage too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.