Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for advice on what a decent rear sway bar would be. Also where to get it and pricing.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The number one would be the Whiteline in my book. This is a hard one the find. Next would be the Progress or the TRD. They are both the same diameter just one is much less than the other. You can probably tell which is which

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate your help. Whats different about the whiteline from the trd or progress?

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
White lines are the best but sometimes hard to get .
progress tech are the second choice for good price .Is the one i got.
TRD is to expensive not any better than the progress tech .
Stay away from the Hotckis sway bar it bends because its not real thick

·
Registered
379 Posts
The trd's have come down in price though, still are like $20 more than a progress bar.

The whiteline bar mounts differently than the other bars, instead of being mounted to the trailing arms on either side, the ends are mounted to the shock mounts and the middle part is attached to the part that is connected to either side of the trailing arms. It's hard to explain without pictures though

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
If it were WARM and SUNNY here I'd have pics of my whiteline sway bar....ON my car............It's still sitting in the living room.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like a fairly easy install. Great write up btw. Thanks again for all the help. I'll prob end up doing the whiteline in a few weeks.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Progress took me about minutes to install, works great.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
hayelex

haha that is the pic you sent me too look at i never said it was mine just a good shot of box on white :rolleyes: and the write up isn't mine either just gleaned off the net from another post. the credit is in the link if ya read it. :D

hopefully someday we will see that same bar on booms box

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
It'll be on, I promise! I'm just waiting for this crappy midwest weather! It's been the whole downer for me since I purchased that and the header..

Oh how we have to wait until it's nice. Oh, and waiting on someone *cough* timfiredog *cough* to let me know his garage is open....

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I just ordered the TRD one.... From what I was told the TRD and Progress were about the same....

I looks like the whiteline one but didn't like the design... I also heard that its really stiff.. Not something I was looking for...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
whats the point if you dont want to stiffen the rear suspension?
Stiffen it up is one thing.. but I dont want it too stiff like the whiteline does.. Its a little more then to my liking.. I rode in one with the whiteline and the rear is really rough...

The progress and TRD were the best that I have driven and rode in so far again to MY liking...

Don't get me wrong.. the whiteline is great esp if you want the rear end to be really stiff but for my daily driving habits its too much...

·
Registered
233 Posts
i can understand, people have their own opinions and personal preference on how they want their car. Im still waiting for my tax return, and im going to get the progress. If i want stiffer after that install im going to get the whiteline.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.