Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Price check on this? does it involve purchasing any aftermarket parts? :confused: You guys are the gurus here thus why I am asking in about a month I should have my 18's on, and I want to start saving for suicide doors ;)Thnx

-Iggy!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Do a search, expect a 5-10k bill.

Reactions: ShortBus

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hit up wackblackxb. He's suppose to start getting suicides done to his box this week I believe. Suicide doors has the be the ultimate gangsta mod. I would love to have it done.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Its an undertaking. More power to you.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
for the price of doing suicide doors- id rather buy rims, kit, sick system for suspension and audio and paint

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If you are buying an off the shelf suicide door kit to suicide the rear doors on an xB, you are going about it the wrong way. Sure, you can probably make it work, but you are going to spend so much time customizing and fabricating you might as well fabricate the hinges yourself. You'll be better off in the long run that way anyway.

Still a very big bill if you aren't doing it yourself. If you can do the labor yourself you are talking less than a couple hundred dollars in materials.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok and lambo front doors v.s. suicide rear doors? and no im not doing the labor on either, but judging from the feedback on suicide it sounds like that mod just moved to LAST on my list lol.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yup suicide doors invloves alot of fabrication regardless of whether some universal suicide hinges are purchased. It invloves a lot of structural welding and also repainting at least the doors and 1/4 panels inside and out.

Lambos are easier especially with a bolt in kit made specifically for the vehicle. In this case the install is not particularly expensive just the cost of the hinges plus a few hours labor per side. Here is a link I found for at least 1 available kit http://www.body-kitz.com/enter.html?lmd=39066.565278 there are I bet others as well. They all seem to be in the $1000-2000 range.

·
Registered
173 Posts
woot, yep i am starting them as of today, i have been measuring for about 3 days. the reason why i am doing them? 1)cus i am at a school that does just custom hot rod mods. WYOTECH. 2)with doing them here i am saving a crap load of money. here is the add up, suicide doors.com hinges and bear claws 400, cost of metal dealer price 50 , autoloc's auto deadbolt kit(make sure they cant open when it is in drive) 100 , and autoloc door poppers 200

that is pretty much what i am spending, 750 this does not include paint and wires for the door, with that price i will be shaving the door handles and the rear hatch.

tegan

i am making a video of every thing i do, and will post it up when i am done

·
Registered
570 Posts
GREAT.... I used to do autobody mods back when I was a Uhm younger! LOL
geeeze that makes me feel old... (back to the subject) It will turn out Sic, with a group of people to help, you'll get it done right, can't wait to see it. keep on posting pics on your progress then do a write up on it after.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup suicide doors invloves alot of fabrication regardless of whether some universal suicide hinges are purchased. It invloves a lot of structural welding and also repainting at least the doors and 1/4 panels inside and out.

Lambos are easier especially with a bolt in kit made specifically for the vehicle. In this case the install is not particularly expensive just the cost of the hinges plus a few hours labor per side. Here is a link I found for at least 1 available kit http://www.body-kitz.com/enter.html?lmd=39066.565278 there are I bet others as well. They all seem to be in the $1000-2000 range.
That site not a bolt on right? its actually credible yeah?

·
Registered
325 Posts
That site not a bolt on right? its actually credible yeah?
They say it is bolt on. I have no idea whether it actually is or not. It is simply an example I found of a price and a possible availability. Vertical doors I have been told makes good hinge kits. They list a TC kit but not one for the xB:/. If Vertical Doors was an option, from what I have seen and heard from owners of their hinges, is what I would likely buy if I was going to do this conversion.

·
Banned
447 Posts
I want to make my back doors suicide. And I was wanting to know if there is a lot of cutting and patching involved in it. And what's the best site for me to go to and get the parts from. Thanx

·
chop top
8,825 Posts
LOTs of cutting and adding in metal to do suicides.....i was gonna do it..then decided to hold off on that project. itll cost alot of $$$ if you dont do it, and lots of time if you do it yourself, good hinges themselves i think are $300 a peice.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.