Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rear suicide doors?

5K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  Big_Kokujin 
#1 ·
anyone done it? havn't seen a single one with rear suicides...any pics (non photoshop)

#3 ·
Search Jambox he is here in Houston and has them.
Check out my Autorama pics in the South Forums.

#5 ·
Here is Jambox:

Attachments

#6 ·
Lots of structural strengthening will eb needed so the doors won't sag after a while.

#7 ·
This is the one in PR that nobody knows anything about because the dude doesn't speak English and therefore doesn't post. A buddy of his posted on SL a while back and I nabbed the pics:

-Alex

#10 ·
also "smartass" and "guamxb" have done theirs. i don't believe either is on here. at least regularly. but you can search and hit em up on the other site.

#15 ·
Since the doors open with the door jam to the front they catch the air that is rushing by at speed. If going fast enough, this can cause the passenger holding the door to be pulled out if opened while the vehicle is moving.

#14 ·
You can slam people in the middle of the two.

#17 ·
We have a Two-Toned 300C limo sitting out front of my work with Lambo front doors and He wants me to Suicide the rears. I told him that it would be around 10K. We are going to order the hinges to see how much work it's going to be for strenghtening the quarters and such.

#19 ·
buddy of mine, tegan (goes by "wackblackxb", not sure he posts here anymore) did his own suicide doors while at autobody school.
said he would never do it again, even if he was getting paid. it was a hella lot of work to strengthen everything so the doors wouldnt sag when open.

only 2 pics i could find:

i believe he used the hinges from suicidedoors.com, but it isnt as easy as buying a kit and slapping it on. i think tegan said he had about 20-25 hours of work PER DOOR to get everything to work out.

good luck to anyone who attempts this. big bucks but baller as hell.

#21 ·
ive wanted to do suicides on an xb before i even owned one! probably since i first saw one. im plannin the attempt sometime around march/april...

#24 ·
how much you want for them?

#28 ·
you mean the "DMC" the DeLorean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.