Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a rear spoiler from the dealer but the installation material is no longer available. Can anyone tell me where to get the template or a cop so I know where to drill the holes?

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,125 Posts
Several options:

If the spoiler provided by the dealer was new, they should provide the templates, or they should install the spoiler at no cost to you. Instructions come with the spoiler, they are not extra. Speak with the dealership owner; not the parts department personnel.

You can contact Toyota and request the two-piece template kit, Number TK-6620303.

Return the spoiler to the dealer for a refund. New PW, SR, and TCM spoilers are still widely available for sale; the others are not.

I did not use the templates for my install. Using the attached Scion spoiler document to extrapolate the measurements for the drilled holes locations, basic geometry makes the install easy. Also, SAE drill bits match close enough to the Metric bits.

Several site members did not drill holes and successfully used double sided tape. Proper hatch surface preparation and full spoiler tape coverage are essential. Product is 3M Scotch Mount Super Strength Molding Tape - Part Number 03614.

Good luck with however you choose to proceed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Shadow Micah Scion xB 5 speed
107 Posts
I’m going to update this... The install template did not come with the spoiler, as the template came with the spoiler install hardware kit, which is discontinued. Now, here’s the good news. I sourced all the individual grommets, bolts and well bushings as well and the instillation templates to put kits together.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,125 Posts
As information, all OEM xB rear spoilers supplied by Scion include all necessary mounting hardware and templates. The spoiler kit is Part Number PT08150-528606-XX, where XX is a holder for the xB paint code.

Rectangle Font Circle Number Paper product

These are still available from Toyota dealers in limited color choices; mostly Thunder Cloud Metallic and Polar White. Other colors are randomly and rarely available. An excerpt from the installation instructions is shown below.

A separate hardware kit was available as Part Number PT08150-52867. Very difficult to locate this discontinued kit, however, some dealers still have them at around $30.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You’re talking about this kit, right? I found one of the last few available, which is why I started putting together mounting kits based on supplies I sourced and comparing to the OEM parts to make sure they would be completely compatible as replacements. All the way down to the instillation instructions. I have friends in the Toyota parts department. That’s how I sourced this OEM spoiler mounting kit. They even told me the mounting templates were no longer available.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You’re talking about this kit, right?

View attachment 79221
Yes, that is the hardware kit part number referenced in my posting. Great score! You may have acquired the last one available.
That’s why I’m literally making more. I already sourced the well nuts, grommets and bolts. Now I’m waiting on the installation templates to make copies and include with the kits I put together. It sucks that Toyota discontinued something that a lot of us want. My parts connection tracked this kit down to a dealership in New York that had one left and ordered it for me. The only difference between the kits that I’m putting together and the OEM kit is that the grommets are 2mm smaller in outer diameter, but I test fit everything and they all fit perfectly. So the adjustment I need to make to the installation template is minor (Just a correction to the hole size that needs to be drilled for the lower grommet).

·
Registered
2006 Scion XB
68 Posts
If I read this right, you made up some install kits?? Do you have one I can buy? I bought a spoiler on eBay....obviously with no hardware, template or instructions 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
107 Posts
If I read this right, you made up some install kits?? Do you have one I can buy? I bought a spoiler on eBay....obviously with no hardware, template or instructions 🤦🏻‍♂️
PM me. As soon as the templates arrive and I make the adjustment to the template and make copies to supply for every kit, they will be available.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Update because I know people have seen this thread… Someone who purchased one of my kits I made for first gen spoiler installs finally sent me pictures of his installed spoiler using the kit I make

1 - 16 of 16 Posts