Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys help me out here...

I think I need spacers on the rear...my husband tells me no not to do that..

Ok so I {obviously} have the axis Decades which are 18x8.

What size spacers do I need and how do they go on?

Im going to have to have someone else put them on so I need to know what I'm talking about.

The reason Im asking is bc IMO, the rear wheels look to set in TO ME!
My husband says they look like that bc of the offset and maxis lip style but I still say they are in more under the fender in the back. It really doesn't look even to me.

Im also lowered 2" on Goldlines if that matters.

Will this cause rubbing? Does it require any work to the fender or wheel well? {In which case I'll leave it as is}

Also does this do anything to the tires or require any special treatment.

Thanks for any help!! :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
my wheels look the same i have to have spacers on the front due to my offset but on mine i couldnt put spacers on the back because the bolt is shortier on the back then the fronts so the lugnut couldnt thread on so i left it other wise you might need new longer bolts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks!! I knew it wasn't my imagination!!! I kept starring at it and I knew I was right.

So will that site tell me how they go on too??

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
762 Posts
they go on between the rear hub and the suspension arm. heres a picture of mine:

i also have camber shims, just ignore them :p

its fairly easy to put them on: heres a pic!:

yes thats me :D. basically you have to get in behind the hub, undo 4 bolts, put the spacer on and bolt everything in with the new bolts...

the instruction sheet is on the one ton garage website :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Man you got sum cajones' sittin under a car like that:p But yeah 10 mm OTG shims are the way to go. Ask kool b cuz he has em plus..........he also runs the decades w/ maxxis lip;) Look at his ride and you can get a better idea

·
Registered
762 Posts
jack stands are your friend :p i never get under a car without them

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I saw Georges ride... I had already known I needed them, when axis put the wheels on they said it was a matter or preference and I'd know after looking at it more or seeing them on another box. But I knew right away.

Do they interfere with anything else?? Do they make the hubs any less stable or anything??

{Dustin will you be coming to Vegas anytime soon?? ;) ;)}

·
Registered
762 Posts
haha unfortunatly i dont think ill be out there anytime soon, sorry :( :p

they do not make the hub less stable or anything, they come with strong bolts to hold everything in place. the only thing you may have to worry about (and its common unfortunatly) is rubbing with the passenger side rear tire. the rear suspension sits a bit farther than it should on these cars, and when you space the wheels out where they belong they tend to strike the leading edge of the fender opening. the remedy is to roll the fender with a baseball bat or get it done professionally. i know takumi project in california does it. i had to roll mine a bit, and the drivers side fender lip got pulled down pretty far from biting the tire, but its out of the way now at least... i hope that all made sense, if you have any questions feel free to pm me

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!!! Great info I appreciate it!!!!

BTW I still remember when you got your wheels on the other site, :D You were sooo envied weren't you....;)

Thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I guess its not something I can do on my own....hmmm

I also sent a PM to George "Kool B" he has the same wheels and springs as I do so Im going to see what info he can help me with too.

THANKS A LOT!!! :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
Thanks!!! Great info I appreciate it!!!!

BTW I still remember when you got your wheels on the other site, :D You were sooo envied weren't you....;)

Thanks for your help!!!
haha anytime :D

yeah i think i made a few people mad when i bought those wheels haha. they were on ebay forever and nobody bought them, but everybody wanted them. i contacted the seller and bought them directly, and the legend was born hahahaha

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep I remember!! They envied you!!! lol Instead of talking crap they shoulda bought them!!! You got lucky! I just loved how they said "LOVER" on them! ;)

I kinda know the big deal now tho...they're very rare aren't they?? So you're kinda one of a kind! Which is good!!! :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
i have 1 of 2 known black sets in the US. i know where there is a set of red white and blue ones too... ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts