Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the thing i'm planning on getting fender flaresfrom bbist.com and i want to know how wide i can go and (big and) i do not want to use a spacer.

So what offset do i need and does anyone know where i can find a wheel that would fit in a VIP style (like the sport max 504).

thx

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Thats tough, as the bBist flares are bulky and dont lend themselves to the clean look that VIP requires. I would suggest Team Prototype flares also for the fact that I know someone who has bBist flares, and they fit TERRIBLE.

Aside from that, you really need to look at a wheel that is 9" wide with around -20 offset or so for a flush look with flares, while retaining VIP low slug wide look. I recommend cutting the fenders and molding, not just bolting them on. (only a few like Aarons from Hawaii look good without molding) Theres nothing more contrary to VIP style than rivets sticking out (like on bBist flares). Air it out also. Itll be hard to find a set of wheels for less than 2000 and do it with the right offset and style. As for the 504s, not even VIP style. Nice wheels and nothing wrong with them, just not in the VIP style realm. If you need further help, dont be afraid to PM me. I can help set ya up with a sick setup. Just gotta know, to do it right with flares (which Ill recommend molding since you're after VIP style), and the right suspension, you're looking at about 5 thousand dollars in stance alone.

Let me know if still interested.

Scotty

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Sure scare him away with the 4 digits.

No he is completely right on.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
man looks like i'll get back in the habit of posting. ok so scotty is very much correct sportmax= no VIP. you must air and you must mould the bbist flares (which i will be doing) to stay with the look. rivits are more for sporty/touring car look. the only thing i'd have to argure with him on is the offset. you wouldn't need as aggresive offset to make it flush with the fender. if you plan on running camber then yes -20 offset. if no camber than abt 0 to -5 up front with -15 or -20 in the rear. that being with a 9in wide wheel of coarse.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
All-star xB ran -25 in back with 9" I believe. Aaron runs -25 in back with 9". I still stick with my assertion that a -20 at least is needed for rear (in which is looking for). Especially since VIP looks usually best with camber (although I know theres exceptions) Fronts I would do 8.5 inch wide with -10 offset. (so about what you're suggesting). Just a littel skinner rim up front.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
the more camber you want, the lower the offset too! keep the lip at the fender edge. remember the -48's on 12's?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thx for all the repleys . to help you guys help me out a little more. i'm not going to air it out , i'd luv to but i bought my box for a everyday driver and don't want to sacrafice room. and with the flares i won't be blting them to the body or molding them, i'll be using two sided tape and a bit of glue type stuff can't rememebr whats its called right now sorry. i don't think bolts would look good with the style i'm going for. at the time i just have lowering springs on .

so if this helps to figure out what offset i need great.

and thx again for the help peeps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts