Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im looking for a rear frame brace just wanted to know what ones were out there. i saw this trd one but i cant find it any where. where can i get it?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Hmmmm......Have you talked to anyone in the parts department at a dealership? They may be able to at least point you in the right direction, if not get the part for you (whiled shoving sandpaper sideways up yo.......) anyways. Have you checked out sites over in the uk? I've broadened my horizons past the .net's and .com's and found a few places that have parts we don't get to see (not for scion, but toyota in general).

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
are you looking for a frame brace that mounts under the chassis, or the rears strut bar?

I had the rear subframe brace made by g-spec racing for awhile, but I pulled it off to make my own. there are some frame braces on ebay that are decent quality, and fairly cheap. Look there, because this is a part that few people ever use or need, so therefore there are not a ton of crappy ones on the market.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
Tanabe, cusco, DC. all three well known companies that make it.
All decent products, but those are more show than go. The Cusco would be the one of choice between the 3, but if you can land some g-specs I would go for it. The 3 listed above have fallen into the infamous tuner relm. Meaning that quality has suffered to allow for greater production. My g-specs (front and rear) were close to $400 for the set. G-spec is a small company that has been into the autocross scene since the 1970's, so they know there ****. Each piece is hand crafted, from cutting the tubes to welding to finishing. I have used their products on all my race cars, and street cars for that matter. If you want a something to say that you have it, go with the above mentioned. If you want the best from the guys that know what they are doing, contact G-Spec racing.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
those are very nice. I looked at those prior to getting mine, but I know the guys at G-SPEC Racing personally and they are top notch craftsman.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Im looking for a rear frame brace just wanted to know what ones were out there. i saw this trd one but i cant find it any where. where can i get it?

That is the TRD-Japan rear frame brace.

There is a stock number for it. I don't have it though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.