Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever shut off the rear speakers and put new ones in bottom of back doors? I have an pair of 6 1/2 3way I was thinking about mounting in door.:confused:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have seen several people do that. I'm not really sure if they unhooked the back speakers, but they have put speakers in the back doors. It should be pretty easy.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
the thing for me is making it looks completely oem like the front doors and teh rear hatch speakers, with a narrow door panel you get limited to 4 inch or 5.25 inch. then you gotta make it look stock. imo. i'd hate to have the rear door speakers have a grill on top of the door panel while the fronts have the stock grill.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i disconnected my rears since my box covrs them anyways and mounted 6 1/2 in the rear doors its a pain in the ass just so you know

·
Registered
234 Posts
My rears off disabeled also because of the box. So what I did was get a better front stage. My car is getting the tweeters in the A-Pillars and some mid-range 6.5s in the door. If your front stage is strong you dont need speakers in the back doors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.