Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
sid said:
I sometimes crank the volume/bass up, and both rear door handles rattles, anyone have this problem? any solution?
thanks,
sid
Mine is more like a buzz than a rattle. Seems like one of the small quirks that come with owning an xB. I'll live with it for now, not really looking for a solution yet. (Too lazy!)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I know my back hatch the piece above the handle was rattling real bad when would crank up the bass.. was very annoying and you could hear it squeck if you were outside of the vehicle.. so i took the back panal off and the nut on the driver side of the piece that holds the piece on had fallen off so the piece was moving around.. put the nut back on(after fishing it out from bottom of rear hatch) and tightened it down.. not more rattling..

so maybe you should check to make sure all bolts are tight on your handles..

·
Registered
103 Posts
sid said:
I sometimes crank the volume/bass up, and both rear door handles rattles, anyone have this problem? any solution?
thanks,
sid
I wonder what would happen if you took the handles off and run a strip of strip caulk (aka dum dum) on the mating surfaces? Just a thought.

When I worked at a ford dealership we had a anti-rattle kit, it contained a soft self adhesive foam that I used to stop a lot of rattles. The foam is made by 3M, I haven't been able to find it any where else.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I would put about a inch worth of DynaMat around each handle, on the inside of course.

·
scionier
209 Posts
or silicone if u have 24 hrs to spare and a garage...thats what I did with my back plates and the sealed the piece above the handle in the back door....I just put silicone directly on the back of the plates...it worked and u cant notice unless u take them off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.