Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So I read all the responses and it looks like its about 95% style.

Since I don't plan to autoX my box I think I am going to leave it as is when it comes to rear camber.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,896 Posts
Jsapata said:
So I read all the responses and it looks like its about 95% style.

Since I don't plan to autoX my box I think I am going to leave it as is when it comes to rear camber.

Thanks!
i noticed a difference in handling too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
OK question.. I want to camber.. I know -3 is ok for daily driving with out wearing out the back to much but what about -5 will it waer out the tires faster or not a big difference between -5 and -3 and stock.

oh and i drive 60 miles a day round trip to and from work if that makes a difference.
 

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
Joined
·
3,810 Posts
Resolve said:
OK question.. I want to camber.. I know -3 is ok for daily driving with out wearing out the back to much but what about -5 will it waer out the tires faster or not a big difference between -5 and -3 and stock.

oh and i drive 60 miles a day round trip to and from work if that makes a difference.
i spoke to james, aka: yellow sub last night, and he told me that his tires are wearing down quit a bit. he's runnin the -5 and daily driver.

on the otha hand, im -2 front, and -3 back and daily driver 50mi. and no wear visually as of now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,335 Posts
You never NEED a camber kit, unless you are trying to correct the -/+ camber...or you are trying to run a certain wheel/tire combo that won't fit without it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
I dont want to try and start a conflict or anything, so nobody take this the wrong way, I know I am new to the board and all...

If you have to change your suspensions camber to fit wheels then IMO they dont fit to begin with. Granted you may appreciate the LOOK of a vehicle with the mods needed to stuff them under your ride.

I am not up on xB suspension, thats why I originally posted my question about style vs performance.

Rethinking...Then again if I had to roll my fenders to fit 17x11s on my Chevelle I might reword that thought above ^^^. However, that is more performance than looks and I am willing to make that sacrafice in the name of performance but not for looks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts

3 members of Style bB are running -6 in the rear to get get our wheels to sit flush due to the aggresiveness of our offsets on our wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
Jsapata said:
I dont want to try and start a conflict or anything, so nobody take this the wrong way, I know I am new to the board and all...

If you have to change your suspensions camber to fit wheels then IMO they dont fit to begin with. Granted you may appreciate the LOOK of a vehicle with the mods needed to stuff them under your ride.

I am not up on xB suspension, thats why I originally posted my question about style vs performance.

Rethinking...Then again if I had to roll my fenders to fit 17x11s on my Chevelle I might reword that thought above ^^^. However, that is more performance than looks and I am willing to make that sacrafice in the name of performance but not for looks.

i kinda disagree on the opposite end totally. you should need to cut/roll fenders to get the flush look and have the right fitment. 40 offset is NOT right for these vehicles. maybe 8.5 inch rim with +18 is too much in some peoples opinions, but for me, i would say THEYRE the ones doing it right. they have the look they want with the camber, so they have the right wheels to fit it. theres a reason style bB vehicles are highly regarded. i think so little respect is given to stance. it really sucks. a fab kit with 40 offset and stechs is not right people. id much rather see a stock kitted car with +15 offset on an 8 inch rim with coilovers. stance means EVERYTHING. then again im a scion noob. who knows for real

scotty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,896 Posts
ThunderGod said:
i spoke to james, aka: yellow sub last night, and he told me that his tires are wearing down quit a bit. he's runnin the -5 and daily driver.

on the otha hand, im -2 front, and -3 back and daily driver 50mi. and no wear visually as of now.
yep -5 suck on tire wear. but for right now i could care less cause the quicker these tire wear down the sooner i can smaller one that will fit better. the inside looks like someone used a light grit sandpaper while the outside still has it's wiskers on it. also i believe i'm running -6 also because of the -1 it automatically gets from lowering.
Scotty: from your post it looks like you won't like my car when it's done. i'm gonna have 16x9's with a 225-40, fab kit and fender flares spaced really wide. but then again i dont really know how it will look either cause i don't think anyone has flared a fab kit.:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
yea he flared that, and its got a ton of work into it, and it all looks top notch, but IMHO he really NEEDS new wheels to go with it. that doesnt flow for me. It would have been hotter if it was more like the extreme flared Hot Lava bB with the 19 Work VkSF (or w/e they are ).

scotty
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Dajap said:

3 members of Style bB are running -6 in the rear to get get our wheels to sit flush due to the aggresiveness of our offsets on our wheels.

The best fitment out there. By far!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,213 Posts
ScionScotty said:
yea he flared that, and its got a ton of work into it, and it all looks top notch, but IMHO he really NEEDS new wheels to go with it. that doesnt flow for me. It would have been hotter if it was more like the extreme flared Hot Lava bB with the 19 Work VkSF (or w/e they are ).

scotty
This one???

But then, I'm probably off base again.....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
thats the one D! you're the best. THATS how flares should work. Too mini-truckin' kinda thing for me on that maroon one. It just doesnt rub me the right way i guess.

Gosh what I wouldnt do for that Orange bB. Ive found a set of wheels that will be a tad more aggressive than the orange one, that will fit on my car. Im just debating how much Im willing to spend to do it right, mold the flares, and have it look like its made to be there!

scotty
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,213 Posts
ScionScotty said:
thats the one D! you're the best. THATS how flares should work. Too mini-truckin' kinda thing for me on that maroon one. It just doesnt rub me the right way i guess.

Gosh what I wouldnt do for that Orange bB. Ive found a set of wheels that will be a tad more aggressive than the orange one, that will fit on my car. Im just debating how much Im willing to spend to do it right, mold the flares, and have it look like its made to be there!

scotty
I really dig that one too, Scotty!

And now you've found wheels that are more aggressive than those?
 
41 - 60 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top