Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to read through as many posts as possible to catch up on this xB learning curve. I have seen several comments about rare wheels and camber earning points at shows.

I get the rare wheels part, but why does camber earn points? Are folks doing this for on road performance (autoX) or just the look/style? I know there are probably some folks out there that will say both, but do you really autoX or hit the twisties in your box?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
if your doing mods to win shows your doing it for all the wrong reasons. do it cause it makes you happy and it reflects your personality, not a rulebook

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
quadoptix said:
if your doing mods to win shows your doing it for all the wrong reasons. do it cause it makes you happy and it reflects your personality, not a rulebook
That is one of the best statements I've seen posted on this site. It's all about what makes YOU happy, not what a judge will like or what everyone else says will look good. Nice going Quadoptix, I believe you have summed it all up right there! Thanks.

I have added it to my sig.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
AirecK said:
plus its comming from a show judge..... right Mike!

yep u got it, but to me, its the quality of work performed and the thought that goes into it..anyone can do a widebody w/ some iforged wheels and suede out a complete interior...thatsl ike 90% of cali's show scenes cars outside scion. its all boring and repetitive. on a national level garage life cars arent really show cars, but cars built w/ pure thought and individuality. they own the scene here in cali and they arent even trying lol emotion ownz all out in the east. but yeah do it cause it makes u happy and reflects you. look at my car? i dont expect people to like it, but i love it and thats all that really matters.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
quadoptix said:
yellow sub that fitment is HOT
yea it was hot til it nearly destroyed one of my tires. now it's stock springs in the rear. but i have flares and a fab kit on the way so i should be able to drop it back down and look good again in a month or 2.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
ThunderGod said:
heres -3 OTG's, but i want MORE. ;)
i gave ya the link bro!! what are you waiting for?

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
quadoptix said:
hey eric i think i still have a set of -5 deg camber kit for the rear real japanese ones and it has toe correction also =P
what???? mine was straight out of japan(couldn't even read the packing slip!!!) but it didn't have toe correction. what brand is it?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.