Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the rear bumper, left side, there is a 2" square that appears to be a place to add something later, any idea what that's for? Also, on each side of the car, on the ground effects looking bottom rail that goes from front of rear wheel well to rear of front wheel well, there are two 1" rounds that also appear to be areas to add things. Any ideas what these are for?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
If you want, you could fit a backup camera in it...Or a really tiny tft screen.

OR you can put a device that squirts oil behind you, because you're hunting spys and need to get away from their classy ways......

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, those are all possibilities, although i doubt scion would put a 2" cutout for any of those reasons. I was just wondering if there was something specific. Maybe not.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
thats for trailor electrics if you have a hitch for towing. you know for the lights and turn signals and things. -=]

not that allot of people will tow anything with the xB but there is a few out there.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
The two inch square is covering the tow hook hole. In your spare tire kit you'll find a steel post with a ring at the end, that's the tow hook, it threads into the bumper. There is one in the front as well, the bottom grill to the drivers side.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
^^^ got it ^^^ its in the owners manual. The drivers side lower grille portion pops out for the same reason.

·
Registered
410 Posts
hhmm now where to find some after market polished tow hooks.....

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you get the hybrid option it is for the wind up key.:)

Scott

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You take the cover off and you'll find a GLORY HOLE!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.