Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know which brand rear brake shoes come with the pin for the adjuster plate already installed? I bought some Autozone's and no pin. The dealer will only sell the pin in a whole brake hardware kit. Will I have to bang out the pin from the old shoes and do my best to re-crimp it into the new shoes? I foresee a loose fit and crappy self-adjusters.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did mine awhile ago and the Autozone ones did not come with the pin. I went to Pep Boys and bought the Beck-Arnley 081-3146 for 39.99. These came with new pins, but you have to install them yourself. I tried to do a DIY along time ago put had no luck posting pic's back then. I'll try to find my old pics on my old computer. Its very simple as long as you have a 5mm deep well socket and a medium sized bench vise.

I read here that the Bendix brand has the pins already installed. Lets us know if you find a brand that has the pins installed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
WHAT DO THESE CRIMPED PINS LOOK LIKE AND WHAT DO THEY DO? I ALSO NEED BRAKES AND DON'T WANT TO GIVE "JUST bRAKES" A 100 BUCKS. THANKS

Yea, For Sure, A Diy Would Be Killer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.