Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "REQUIRED MAINTENANCE" light comes on every 5,000 miles to remind you to change your oil. Press the odometer button and turn the key to the on postion and wait for the odometer reading to count down and stop blinking. This will reset the required maintenance light

·
Registered
208 Posts
this is how it worked for me:

key is in "on" position
hold odometer button
turn key to "acc" position
then back to "on" position
wait for the countdown on the odometer

thanks SID!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Make sure the odometer in on odometer and not on the trip meter. Key off, push and hold the trip reset in, turn key on and bamp it will count down, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 and wala good for antother 5K miles or is it 3K miles?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Skeeter said:
Make sure the odometer in on odometer and not on the trip meter. Key off, push and hold the trip reset in, turn key on and bamp it will count down, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 and wala good for antother 5K miles or is it 3K miles?
It's 5k! :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Warning Lights wont shut off

:confused:
Have made many trips to my Toyota Scion Dealer with warning lights shown as VSC Track On and the emblem of an engine

1st trip they thought it was the gas cap
2nd trip their senson equipment not working
3rd trip they tell me I need a charcoal cylinder replace and it has to be ordered
4th trip they install it

48 hrs later the lights are back on. They do more checking and tell me it is part of the gas cap neck that leads to the outside? Anyway, the part has been ordered. I have just a little over 5,000 miles, car will be 1 year old on Sept. 30. I LOVE MY SCION, but this is getting frustrating. Anyone have a similiar problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
well...i have let one of my firends. drive mine..it is a stick shift.. when igot into my box the track light was on , the transmition check light was on , the vcs light and a few others .. it was freaking nutz but other than that .. i have never heard of such weird things with the import.. good luck
:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Have made many trips to my Toyota Scion Dealer with warning lights shown as VSC Track On and the emblem of an engine

1st trip they thought it was the gas cap
2nd trip their senson equipment not working
3rd trip they tell me I need a charcoal cylinder replace and it has to be ordered
4th trip they install it

48 hrs later the lights are back on. They do more checking and tell me it is part of the gas cap neck that leads to the outside? Anyway, the part has been ordered. I have just a little over 5,000 miles, car will be 1 year old on Sept. 30. I LOVE MY SCION, but this is getting frustrating. Anyone have a similiar problem. Thanks."

Low Tire pressure will also cause this problem

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the tip, it worked great. I used the #1 post as the pattern.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.