Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
knoxville_xb
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zach here, 2006 Scion xB of course. Nautical Blue i believe is the color, (A dark pearl blue). Im from Knoxville, Tennessee. Lived in Tennessee 15 years now, Knoxville for 5 of those.

Mom owned the car from 2007-2011, Ive owned it from 2011-Now. I own the car, of course. I do all my own maintenance besides opening the trans or motor. Im at 250k miles, stock everything besides little maintenance here and there.

Im here looking for opinions on products, to ask where to find certain parts, and to get some miscellaneous questions i have about my car answered.

Hope to meet some of you at a show or meet someday! Any future help, references, or knowledge is much appreciated!

-Zach

---------- Post added 07-14-2016 at 12:24 PM ----------

First questions I have, or if you could point me to the right forum on here, is about Coilovers. This is just a daily, not a beater, not a track car. Just a quick, gas saving, here and there and everywhere car. Lots of driving, and quick driving.
That being said, my suspension is SHOT. Boots are torn and falling off, it rides horrible, its bouncy, and it creaks a lot lol. Riceland coilovers are my go-to right now, I've read good reviews if you're not beating them, or tracking them. They replace parts quickly and easily, and have great customer service. Thats my choice because, A. i plan on building a race car/ track car B. i also plan on getting a bike in the next 12 months and C. they are affordable, good for the price, and just what I'm looking for without any fancy bells and whistles and $500 mark up. They are under $400.

---------- Post added 07-14-2016 at 12:26 PM ----------

Second question is, Weapon-R and interior Bracing/Roll cages. I have deleted my backseat, seatbelt, brackets, all components behind the driverseat and passenger seat. About 100lbs i removed. If it isn't light weight enough already. Im now looking for interior bracing, and bolt on cages. I see Weapon R has Trunk Cage Bar package and a Roof Bar package. Opinions, reviews, better products or brands? I need more info and help!

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Welcome to the Family. There are couple guys here that have made Rally cars out of their 1st Gen xB's. The build threads might give you some ideas. Lot of good people and knowledge here, stick around and post some pics of your ride. Ever take it to the Dragon?

·
knoxville_xb
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually have not drove the dragon in the XB yet, just my old Honda Civic before I got the Scion. But I sure do need to!
Not so much looking for a rally build, as more of auto cross and road racing, while having AC and all the goodies ?
It has been quite the reliable daily for me, I love it, and has been fun to maintain and drive. Just need a little more out of it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts