Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: C.A.R.B. Performace products

Does anybody know who has C.A.R.B. certified performance products i.e. Turbo, header etc.?
Here in California it's a damn necessity! :mad:

·
Registered
82 Posts
greengoblin said:
Does anybody know who has C.A.R.B. certified performance products i.e. Turbo, header etc.?
Here in California it's a damn necessity! :mad:
Depending on what year your car is Injen has an intake or is it AEM and DC Sports offers a header.. You wont find any turbo's for the xB certified...

·
Registered
368 Posts
K&N Typhoon, CARB legal
DC Sports header, CARB legal

Any F/I, not carb

those are what I know about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GReedy makes them. As long as they are C.A.R.B. aproved and have the plate with the CARB # on it is all that is needed even if it doesn't pass the visual if it has a CARB # plate it's O.K. that includes headers also... Time to go shopping!
Thanks for the help! :)

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Any 06 will not be able to get a CARB legal intake at this time. Due to the carbon insert in the factory airbox. Without the carbon insert it will not pass the CARB certification. This is straight from F5 Fujita who used my Box to make there install manual for their CAI. They said that at the moment there is no way around it and if they ever get it approved they will send me the excemption decal. So I kept my Factory airbox for when I have to smog it in 6 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EticketXb said:
Any 06 will not be able to get a CARB legal intake at this time. Due to the carbon insert in the factory airbox. Without the carbon insert it will not pass the CARB certification. This is straight from F5 Fujita who used my Box to make there install manual for their CAI. They said that at the moment there is no way around it and if they ever get it approved they will send me the excemption decal. So I kept my Factory airbox for when I have to smog it in 6 years.
I had a TRD cold air induction installed from the dealer when I bought my xB will that cause me problems when I have to smog it? :confused:
If it doesn't then were is the carbon insert located?
A friend of mine installed a powerdine blower on his 95' Ford Lightning and all the smog tester needed was the CARB # and it passed.
Also a friend installed a Turbo on his xA and took it to a smog test station that his friend operates and it passed but he said it wouldn't have passed the visiual if he had a CARB # for the turbo there wouldn't be a probelm unfortunely his isn't CARB certified man is that thing a pocket rocket.
I called GReedy and they said the 40 HP Turbo is certified I guess he was pulling my chain. :cool:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Darren... I don't know if you saw my response to your post on SL or not, so I'll just repeat it here...

"Darren, I spoke with the guys at Greddy at SEMA. The first guy I talked to was clueless, and said "We don't offer ANY CARB legal turbos or superchargers." As in for ANY vehicle. Another guy overheard him and corrected him. (I already knew they had CARB legal kits for other cars.)

Anyway, the other guy who seemed to have a clue said, "It has been discussed. We may be getting CARB certification for the xB turbo." I then asked him about the xB supercharger. His response was, "I don't think there are any plans for CARB certification for the supercharger."

Take that as you will. A vague response from a random Greddy employee at their SEMA booth. At least it gives us some hope that the turbo may be legal... some day."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.