Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: Air ride set up.

So, you have air ride hooked up in your whip.

My question is...where do you put the compressor/tank?

Any answer would be greatly appreciatedif accompanied by a photograph ;).

Inquiring minds would like to know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Misterflipper said:
above the spare tire ?

and i only asume that the spare tire is behind the rear seats in a little well, much like other compact cars?

*note* xb's aren't sold in canada publicly, so i havent seen one up close and personal....yet im going to purchase one in the near future [thats how much i know i want one]

im ultimately gathering information for the time being.

·
Registered
9 Posts
air

i'm on air and i've got all my stuff inside comp , tank the compersor is noisey as hell inside more annoying then anything

·
Registered
410 Posts
Air Suspension Scion Xb

Im running an Air Runner Suspension Kit and the tank and compressore are mounted above the spare tire behind the rear seat. Im running one small firestone compressor so I dont think the noise is that bad especially for how rarely it comes on. If I was running a larger compressor such as a Viar then it would probably be more annoying. I will probably move mine to under the car by the muffler not due to noise but then I can put a system in the trunk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey bro, my compressor and tank are mounted under the back on my car, its easier and less annoying on the ears, also the guys that are running their compressors in their back hatch are not so smart, being back there not gettin any cool air or anything, makes the compressor get hot, chance and overheating, not good, they should mount in under that way while u drive its always gettin hit with cooler air, i have pics of my setup, let me know and ill tell you how to get it all dialed in, peace.....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Air Runner Suspension

I personally have Air Runner Suspension and the compressor and tank are in the back behind the rear seat above my spare tire. I dont think its loud at all in the car. I know others that have the same setup and they mounted it in the far back behind the rear bumper under the car. Im thinking about putting a sound system in my car if I do I will be moving my tank and compressor to under the vehicle.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am running the Viair compressor under the car with a 4 gal pancake take mounted where the spare tire will actually go. I know some people will say "That is stupid to remove your spare tire, what will happen when you get a flat" Well here are my reasonings

1. I have roadside assistance with free towing up to 50 miles.
2. The donut of a spare wouldn't even touch the ground with the other 18x8.5 works mounted and the -6 degrees of camber would kill the tire in 5 mins.

·
bagged06box
15 Posts
Re: Air ride set up.

I've got my setup under my custom flat bed style set up. you can see pics under the 2006 pics.or on my profile.

I can't hear barely any thing after I mad that set up.

i think this is the link.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts

this topics older thatn dinosaurs

·
Registered
32 Posts

I understand about putting the compressor and tank under the car. What happens when it rains or gets wet? Can the compressor handle the weather and beating that it gets under the car. I live in Pennsylvania so weather is a factor around here. Please give me some info on this I would rather set my air suspension up that way

How do the compressors hold up to the elements under the rear of the XB

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts

I understand about putting the compressor and tank under the car. What happens when it rains or gets wet? Can the compressor handle the weather and beating that it gets under the car. I live in Pennsylvania so weather is a factor around here. Please give me some info on this I would rather set my air suspension up that way

How do the compressors hold up to the elements under the rear of the XB
Get a good Viair or Air Zenith and you'll never have a problem.

A friend of mine has had the same Viair 400C's under the bed of his noma for 4 years now. Another has had to Viair 380c's in the bed of his (un covered) for 5 years. Both still crankin air like day one. They just don't look like it anymore. lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.