Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So, I'm reassembling my Rays Texan Shotguns, which are two piece and held together with 29 button-head bolts, and sure as ****, I snap a few of them during torquing.

I tried finding something similar at the hardward store, but no dice. You can see the bolts on this shot of a wheel ... Chromed button-head bolts without hexes on the tops.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy two-piece wheel fasteners? And does anyone have contact info for Rays Engineering, or do I have to go through Mackin Industries for all Rays-related product?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Sorry I don't have any info but....those are SEXXXXXXXXXXY! Good luck with the fasteners.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Looks amazing. Damn where did u get those refinished at? I remember the before pics and those need some work. U might want to get the fastners with the hex on it so it would be easier for u to take them apart if you ever needed to again.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've posted on Vortex, but no luck yet.

I got them polished at Oregon Plating in Portland, OR.

BTW, do you think it's safe to run these wheels if a couple of the bolts are missing? Might sound stupid, but I'm itching to get them put on.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
Re: Wow

You might get lucky at a hardware store,.... but this is a special item. I live in Auburn and have had good luck at the industrial level finding special items. Up here we have High strength Bolt, Tacoma Screw, and Allied Fastener.
Try the yellow pages for fasteners and bolt suppliers Ive always been welcomed even for a couple small $ items when going to them for help. I remember when you found those wheels they have come a long way, cant wait to see them on your ride. Went to the Gresham Scion show Saturday and seen another box w/similar wheels Works Led Sleds those are gonna rock.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I remember youfrom the warehouse jam (I was the guy who had just moved here from Wisconsin).

I'll look at the fastener places. Thanks for the tip.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
Bump

any news i def wanna see these on a box. and also a point to ponder if those are older wheels which had corrosion/pitting ,the bolts (all), might be a weak point. It probably would be safer to replace all the fasteners, wouldnt want to damage those after so much time and effort. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a good point, sdsnybny. I may just do that. Then, I'd be able to put in better (and easier to install) fasteners.

Unfortunately, I've been a bit out of commission due to illness, but I want to get these on the car! I'm also still waiting to hear back about centercaps.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
hey thirtynine how you feeling better i hope any news did you get hooked up w/ fasteners and center caps yet.;)
keep us posted

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I am feeling better, thank you.

I am missing one fastener per wheel, but with 29 per wheel, I'll be okay. i'll find something cosmetically appealing and put it in.

The caps are ordered and will be genuine Rays replacement centercaps! They should be here within the next week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts